Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba Satellite L50-B-1DJ does not power up after removing HDD

1. Toshiba Satellite L50-B-1DJ does not power up after removing HDD
    Hi everybody!

I'm having a Toshiba Satellite L50-B-1DJ. It has an 750 GB HDD, but that wasn't enough for me. So I bought a Toshiba 1TB HDD. I undid all the screws, carefully (using my driver license), lifted up the plastic and removed a HDD.

BTW, I really like that platic solution on the HDD!!

Then I realised, that all my stuff is still on it.
    So I put the HDD back, planning that I'll copy everything on my ext. hard drive.
    Well I screwed it back, got the battery back in, put the AC adaptor back.

The LED was on, indicating that power is flowing, battery is loading. I pressed the "Power-On" button, and nothing happened. Pressed it again still nothing. I plugged the battery and the AC adaptor out, I held the Power button for 30 sec, put everything back still nothing. I got scared. Opened the back once again, just to take a look at, if anything slipped out. Nope.

Everything is A-OKAY. What to do? Did I void the warranty? I hope not.
    Can I repair myself without voiding my warranty? I hope so!

And also: I bought the laptop in Hungary, but I'm in Germany. Can I get it repaired here, in case my warranty is valid?

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
    Bertold Juhasz

PS: As you can tell english isn't my native language, please don't flip out on my grammar I know it's bad

2. Re: Toshiba Satellite L50-B-1DJ does not power up after removing HDD
    Beginner
    I have just taken the hard drive out of mine and put it back to see if I could replicate your problem after trying it several times I had no problems.
    Have you checked the pins on the end of the hard drive to see if any are damaged, other than that I cannot think of anything else.

Ich habe gerade die Festplatte aus von mir gemacht und wieder , um zu sehen , ob ich das Problem nach dem Versuch es mehrmals Ich hatte keine Probleme zu replizieren.
    Haben Sie die Stifte am Ende der Festplatte überprüft , um zu sehen , wenn eine beschädigt sind, außer , dass ich nicht an nichts anderes denken .