Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P50-A-12z doesn't boot after Bios password enforced

1. Satellite P50-A-12z doesn't boot after Bios password enforced
    Hello,

l can't use my laptop anymore, Toshiba P50-A-12Z, Intel Core i7 Haswell, 2013, since 6months, in the beginning of august.

At that time, l created a Blos password to prevent people from accessing my Computer. On boot, after type my pwd and hit "return" the display become blank and unresponsive and the computer is turned off after one minute.

I called Toshiba support which advised me to press and hold 20 sec. a button on the motherboard, turned the Computer on when it's plugged, but Blosis not reinitialized. Password still asked, still not booting.

l was used to resetting 90s desktop pcs with their Jumpers and round batteries but l can't find something similar here. The round battery is un accessible, it is protected inside a little black bag. Some Forums on the Internet talk about resetting Toshiba Satellites but their solutions date back to the 2000s. There is Nothing for a 2013 P50.

Their advice is somehow difficult:short circuit a pin or jumper while turning on. JP8 Or JRST 2001, 2002 or 2501. undert he RAM or eIsewhere. But l don't know how to short-circuit a place on the motherboard.

I can Find those JRST on the accessible side of my motherboard, but there is no visible corresponding pin or Jumper, please See My attached photos.

learning how to short-circuit is difficult, l have problems with technical english applied to electronics as english is not My mother tongue and video recordings on the subject on Youtube, are blurred when filming the Motherboard.

I can't start my computer ahymore. I repaired lots of computers for my friends but l failed every attempt to solve this problem.

| can't imagine it has a link with installing Windows 10 one week before or a SSD three months before.

Please l need your help to restart my Computer again, remove that password prompt.

I can visit a person or Toshiba supplier in Paris, who can help me, too.

Thanks for reading.

2. Re: Satellite P50-A-12z doesn't boot after Bios password enforced
    Motherboard photo:

Thanks

3. Re: Satellite P50-A-12z doesn't boot after Bios password enforced
    Beginner
    There is a computer reset button on the back of P50. You must use a pin or something similar to push it. I am not 100% certain that it will solve your problem, but give it a try and post how it went.

4. Re: Satellite P50-A-12z doesn't boot after Bios password enforced
    Thank you for answering .l did pressed that button, with a pin and/or after removing the case, hold it from 20 seconds to one minute, but it had no effect on the stored password.

5. Re: Satellite P50-A-12z doesn't boot after Bios password enforced
    Thank you for reading and tried to help me