Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L855-149 white screen

1. Satellite L855-149 white screen
    Beginner
    Hi,

For about 6 months now (got a macbook since) when I turn my laptop on the screen turns white with a grey rectangle faded in the background.

When it first happened I was in the middle of playing Skyrim and it just went white. It's not the "white screen of death" as the screen isn't all white. Sometimes has a grey box and sometimes has lines running down the screen. I can never get past the screen. Just checking if anyone has had the same problem and found a solution before I send it off to get fixed (warranty ran out 3 months before the problem).

2. Re: Satellite L855-149 white screen
    Beginner
    ok just quick advise ! try to connect external monitor or tv trough the hdmi or vga and see how it works if it works fine then could be screen fault or broken screen cable if its not working good and you have the same picture on external device then id say video chip is damages overheated or whatever problems comes with as i dont know spec of your pc does it has intrgrated video chip or dedicated or both switchable, but in most cases if chip gone cheaper to by new one, some technicians does called chip resoldering ( i call reheating) but no warranty for this as it could last for other year or just for a few weeks. If laptop is still under warranty bring it to toshiba to get inspected and fxed.

3. Re: Satellite L855-149 white screen
    Beginner
    Hi, turns out the problem was the screen and my windows 8 had a problem too so iv'e sent it in for repair and the screen was replaces so it now runs as good as new. Was charged 100 for the screen and casing replacement and a re-install of windows.