Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P30W-B won't shut down or boot from sleep mode after Win 10 update

1. Satellite P30W-B won't shut down or boot from sleep mode after Win 10 update
    Beginner
    I have a Satellite P30W-B ,( PSDP2E ) notebook / tablet which had Windows 8.1 and worked just fine.

After I upgraded to Windows 10 I have the following problems :

a) the laptop won't shut down : If I choose to "Shut down " from the windows menu, I get the "shutting down" screen but after a few seconds only the screen shuts down , while the keyboard is active and the computer is still on. If I press any key the keyboard lights up but the screen never turns on again . I have only the option to manually shut it down by pressing the power button

b) if the laptop gets into "screen saver mode " / sleep mode ie after a few minutes being inactive or by manually closing the lid , the screen shuts down and doesn't turn on again whatever I do . I must again shut it down manually

These two happen all the time with one EXCEPTION : If I happen to RESTART the laptop PRIOR to shutting down (ie I have installed new drivers which need a system restart ) then it behaves normally , ie it shuts down normally and can come back from a sleep mode.

In order to fix this I have installed all recent drivers from the Toshiba site , ( Toshiba System Settings, Toshiba System Drivers ,eco utility, display ytility etc . and have upgraded my BIOS to 1.60 ) but the problem remains whatsoever

Any ideas ?

2. Satellite P30W-B won't shut down or come back from sleep mode after Windows 10 update
    Beginner
    I have a Satellite P30W-B ,( PSDP2E ) notebook / tablet which had Windows 8.1 and worked just fine.

After I upgraded to Windows 10 I have the following problems :

a) the laptop won't shut down : If I choose to "Shut down " from the windows menu, I get the "shutting down" screen but after a few seconds only the screen shuts down , while the keyboard is active and the computer is still on. If I press any key the keyboard lights up but the screen never turns on again . I have only the option to manually shut it down by pressing the power button

b) if the laptop gets into "screen saver mode " / sleep mode ie after a few minutes being inactive or by manually closing the lid , the screen shuts down and doesn't turn on again whatever I do . I must again shut it down manually

These two happen all the time with one EXCEPTION : If I happen to RESTART the laptop PRIOR to shutting down (ie I have installed new drivers which need a system restart ) then it behaves normally , ie it shuts down normally and can come back from a sleep mode.

In order to fix this I have installed all recent drivers from the Toshiba site , ( Toshiba System Settings, Toshiba System Drivers ,eco utility, display ytility etc . and have upgraded my BIOS to 1.60 ) but the problem remains whatsoever

Any ideas ?