Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege Z830 & Z930 Hinge Cover Issue

1. Portege Z830 & Z930 Hinge Cover Issue
    Beginner
    Very disappointed with the response from Toshiba over an issue we are having with the Z Series laptops.

Let me explain - I am responsible for the laptops at a large college in the south of the UK. We have round 40 Series laptops and on a large number of them the screws which hold he hinge covers in place have come out and become lost, in many cases the hinge covers have come off and been lost as well. The first thing that crossed out minds was 'interference' by students but as no other screws were found to be lose the only conclusion we can come to is that that there is a design fault and these hinge cover screws have worked lose over time and fallen out.

I am currently working through all our Z Series laptops and I am finding more and more lose or missing screws and additional missing hinge covers. We have bought this to the attention of Toshiba but they will not accept there is an issue - but haven't yet provided a reason why this should be happening in such numbers.

As can be imagined we are not best pleased with their response and would like to hear from anyone who has had the same issue. At over 50.00 GBP to fix each pair of hinges, you can imagine how quickly the costs are rising.

2. Re: Portege Z830 & Z930 Hinge Cover Issue
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Ole Git View Post
    Very disappointed with the response from Toshiba over an issue we are having with the Z Series laptops.

I am currently working through all our Z Series laptops and I am finding more and more lose or missing screws and additional missing hinge covers. We have bought this to the attention of Toshiba but they will not accept there is an issue - but haven't yet provided a reason why this should be happening in such numbers.

As can be imagined we are not best pleased with their response and would like to hear from anyone who has had the same issue. At over 50.00 GBP to fix each pair of hinges, you can imagine how quickly the costs are rising.
    Replying to this post which is over a year old but I have the same problem with my Portege Z 930 - the right hand side hinge cover has come off and been lost, the screw nearest to the side is missing so it must have worked itself loose. I can't find any guidance on the Toshiba website on how to get a replacement, but if its 50 as the above post suggests, I might just go without it!