Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L50D-B-13Q: Touchpad keeps freezing

1. Satellite L50D-B-13Q: Touchpad keeps freezing
    Beginner
    I bought the above laptop for my wife just over a month ago, and after only a few days the touchpad keeps freezing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. (currently using an external mouse via usb).

I've tried f5 and f9, but they don't seem to make much difference. I also downloaded a driver recommended on another forum somewhere, and that seemed to work for a week or so. Now we're back to square one.

This can't be right for a new laptop. I haven't upgraded to Windows 10 and we don't plan on doing so soon.

Any help appreciated. The Toshiba page had a guide about turning off, taking battery out and doing something with BIOS, but I can't see how I can take the battery out without unscrewing bits and I don't want to do that.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    G

2. Re: Satellite L50D-B-13Q: Touchpad keeps freezing
    Beginner
    I have the same problem with the touchpath. Luckely I have still an old mouse, so I am able to restart the computer.

3. Re: Satellite L50D-B-13Q: Touchpad keeps freezing
    Beginner
    Hiya, I'm currently having the same problem.

My laptop Satellite L50-B-1P1 starts up okay, and for the first few minutes, lets me use the touch pad. Then, when the Pointer Device program loads, everything freezes. and the only way I can use the touchpad again is to disable the Pointer Device using the task manager, Very frustrating!