Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Sat L20: Missing characters when typing

1. Sat L20: Missing characters when typing
    Beginner
    Hello Everyone!
    I have a problem with my brand new L20 missing out a lot of characters when I am typing. After searching around the forums, it seems that a few people are also having this problem. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck in fixing this problem yet.

As far as I know, the problem only seems to be in WinXP, (I dual-boot with Linux Slackware 10.2 and don't notice the problem there) and I *think* it might have something to do with the internet. I say this because it is only really noticable for me when I am online, writing emails etc... (Writing to this forum takes a lot of error correcting) :)

Has anyone else been able to isolate when this problem is at its worse?

Also, is it possible to group together all the people who are having this same problem into one thread? I think there are about 3 separate threads where people have mentioned this problem, it would be nice to get everyone together to see if we can fix this.

I brought this notebook for programming, and as you can imagine I dare not try try any coding while this is happening, as it would cause toooooo many problems :)
    So please, any help, hints, tips, advice or solutions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

2. Re: Missing Characters When Typing Satellite L20
    Enthusiast
    This problem only shows up when you type :)))
    Hardware workaround: external USB keyboard!

3. Re: Missing Characters When Typing Satellite L20
    Beginner
    :D

That might fix it, *but* I believe that on one of the threads someone was having this problem with an external keyboard as well. I am not sure that it is the hardware, because in Linux I don't have this problem.

But keep the ideas coming :)

4. Re: Sat L20: Missing characters when typing
    Enthusiast
    Nekopa,

I've had the same problem but have been told yesterday by a colleague that the latest version of the BIOS fixes it - you could try this, its on the Support and Downloads menu I think.

The only thing to check when you go onto this area is that you download the correct file as Toshiba appear to have different BIOS files for different models of the L20.

Hope this helps.