Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - 3 weeks old and bulging battery

1. Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - 3 weeks old and bulging battery
    Puchased my Satellite Click Mini about three weeks ago from Amazon in the UK. Extremely happy with it up till now. After three weeks of overseas business trips in Asia I just noticed that the back of the tablet section/screen is bulging out slightly where I think the battery is. It is visible under the right light conditions and can also be felt.

I've had an iPhone that had this problem before but I did not expect this to come up so quickly on a three week old machine. I've only been using the packaged adaptor to charge with but have also been using plug convertors for different regions where I have been travelling. Couple of questions..

1) Anyone else had this issue with the battery bulging out? Or am I just imagining this and everyone else's is also like this?
    2) I'm not able to get back to the UK until sometime in December but really need this machine for work etc. If the battery is gone, will it be semi-safe to use until I can get this back to Toshiba?

Would love to hear anyone else experiences

2. Re: Satellite Click Mini - 3 Weeks Old and Bulging Battery/Battery Fail Already?
    Deleted post

3. Re: Satellite Click Mini - 3 Weeks Old and Bulging Battery/Battery Fail Already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathingape888 View Post
    Puchased my Satellite Click Mini about three weeks ago from Amazon in the UK. Extremely happy with it up till now. After three weeks of overseas business trips in Asia I just noticed that the back of the tablet section/screen is bulging out slightly where I think the battery is. It is visible under the right light conditions and can also be felt...
    Following on from this, I just looked at a similar model to mine and realised that the battery on that model is actually located in the bottom corner where the USB cable plugs into. The bulge I am seeing is actually right in the middle of the tablet. Is this still a battery problem or something else or I am just imagining things and this is within "normal parameters"?

4. Re: Satellite Click Mini - 3 Weeks Old and Bulging Battery/Battery Fail Already?
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathingape888 View Post
    Following on from this, I just looked at a similar model to mine and realised that the battery on that model is actually located in the bottom corner where the USB cable plugs into. The bulge I am seeing is actually right in the middle of the tablet. Is this still a battery problem or something else or I am just imagining things and this is within "normal parameters"?
    Doesn't sound right. I imagine the battery is larger and takes up most of the base unit not the bottom corner.?

5. Re: Satellite Click Mini - 3 Weeks Old and Bulging Battery/Battery Fail Already?
    Beginner
    Indeed the battery takes up most of the space. As the battery has expanded, do not use it anymore, more chance of it being a fire risk and can explode.

Screenshot of the battery inside the keyboard dock here..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9fnd5eaap..._1396.JPG?dl=3