Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege Z20t: No rear camera available

1. Portege Z20t: No rear camera available
    Beginner
    The camera apps "Camera" and "TruCapture" on my Windows 10 Z20T-B2112 don't offer the rear camera, only the front web cam.
    Any idea how I can fix this? Is there a specific driver needed?

2. Re: Portege Z20t: No rear camera available
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by coyanis64 View Post
    The camera apps "Camera" and "TruCapture" on my Windows 10 Z20T-B2112 don't offer the rear camera, only the front web cam.
    Any idea how I can fix this? Is there a specific driver needed?
    I have the same problem on Windows 7 64 bit. I can see both the 5M and FHD cameras in Skype, Acrobat Pro, and MyCam -- but the 5M camera (rear) only shows a black image. There are no error messages reported in Device Manager. I even tried rolling back to the previous RealTek driver, but that didn't help either.

I called Toshiba tech support. The good news is that they answered the phone immediately. The bad news: they initially suggested to install the Toshiba Webcam application (which doesn't even work with the rear webcam). On the second call to support they suggested it is a hardware fault and to take the z20t it in to be serviced. They were unable to test if they have a z20t with a working rear camera.

Has anyone ever managed to get a picture from the rear camera??