Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro L650 powers off after startup; DC In and Power LEDs flash on an off

1. Satellite Pro L650 powers off after startup; DC In and Power LEDs flash on an off
    Beginner
    A friend's Satellite Pro L650 having worked fine until yesterday, suddenly powered itself off. Now on startup, it will power on as normal for about 10-15 secs before powering off abruptly. On power off, the white/blue DC In LED and the orange Power LED both flash on an off together at about one second intervals. This powering off happens whether I let it boot to Windows or press F2 to go into BIOS setup.

I'm assuming this flashing is intended to serve as some sort of diagnostic code, but I've yet to track down what it means. Can anyone help?

For the avoidance of doubt, powering up without the battery produces the same, abrupt power off experience, except the two LEDs remain solidly lit this time. With or without battery, trying to power up again immediately after a power off produces no response at all. Removing the power lead and immediately reconnecting it again and then powering on produces an abrupt power off, but within less than 5 seconds of being turned on. The longer I wait between power on attempts seems to give a slightly longer powered on state, but without fail, the machine will just power off suddenly. Surely with the short "power on" times we're talking about, it can't be any kind of thermal cut out?

I had an old Satellite L450D lying around which coincidentally uses the same PA-1750 AC adapter but using it made no difference. Its battery of course will not fit the L650 !

The only previous issues I'm aware of with this machine were intermittent cases of Windows reporting "Plugged in, not charging", but as my friend uses it exclusively on the mains, it wasn't a problem.

Your thoughts will be much appreciated ...

2. Re: get rid oftechniques to No4763
    Beginner
    WTF?

Is that an unmoderated forum?

Can anyone help with my problem?