Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite S50-B-15P backlit keyboard not working

1. Satellite S50-B-15P backlit keyboard not working
    Beginner
    Hello..

I have the S50-B-15P model with Windows 10 installed. I never checked if the backlit keyboard worked on Windows 8.1, as soon as I got it I upgraded to Windows 10.

I have installed all the drivers from the Toshiba Windows 10 upgrade page however as before the keyboard works just not backlit!
    I opened the eco utility software and checked for the keyboard backlit settings under eco mode however it does not exist and no setting exists in the BIOS either.The keyboard does have the symbol to enable the backlit function on the Z key however pressing FN + Z does nothing.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? Does the keyboard even have this function or is it faulty?

Thanks, Craig

2. Re: Satellite S50-B-15P backlit keyboard not working
    Beginner
    I have the same problem as its with you
    my laptop is Satellite S50T-B1391 which is new just 4 days I check every thing like you Fn+Z is not working the bios is new version and nothing is there also nothing about backlit in eco utility app

I check it in win 8.1 before upgrading and win 10 all have the same problem

3. Re: Satellite S50-B-15P backlit keyboard not working
    Beginner
    Hi, I ended up returning my laptop, once it was received back by the stores technical team they confirmed that the laptop did not have a backlit keyboard even though the model was advertised on theirs and Toshiba's website as having one.

The model I bought was supposed to have a backlit keyboard, but the one I received didn't which I thought was strange, something must have went wrong somewhere at Toshiba! Chances are if you do not see the option in the Eco Utility or the BIOS then you do not have a backlit keyboard, or it is faulty. I know this is not much help but I thought I might as well post the outcome of my problem!