Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra Z50-A-16D unlock/remove supervisor password

1. Tecra Z50-A-16D unlock/remove supervisor password
    Beginner
    Hi there,

Last week i bought a new Tecra Z50-A-16D and i set a supervisor password. Now i can't access the bios, because i can't unlock it.
    What is the key to unlock or to remove the supervisor password? I've read in the user guide and google it, but didn't find anything. In Password utility i can set only a user password, but not supervisor.

Thanks in advance!

2. Re: Tecra Z50-A-16D unlock/remove supervisor password
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by theater View Post
    Hi there,

Last week i bought a new Tecra Z50-A-16D and i set a supervisor password. Now i can't access the bios, because i can't unlock it.
    What is the key to unlock or to remove the supervisor password? I've read in the user guide and google it, but didn't find anything. In Password utility i can set only a user password, but not supervisor.

Thanks in advance!
    I too have e same issue, I know what I has set it to I just do not know how to remove/disable supervisor? I am using the Satellite Pro R50-B-12P and I have 10 of them with Supervisor set using the same password.

Kind Regards
    Kye

3. Re: Tecra Z50-A-16D unlock/remove supervisor password
    Beginner
    Hello Key,

I solved the issue installing Supervisor Password Utility. You can download it from this link: http://support1.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-...1026101006.zip
    It's a version for Windows 7 x64 and after installing it you can run the utility from the installation directory - the wizard doesn't create a shortcut to star menu!

Kind regards!

4. Re: Tecra Z50-A-16D unlock/remove supervisor password
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by theater View Post
    Hello Key,

I solved the issue installing Supervisor Password Utility. You can download it from this link: http://support1.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-...1026101006.zip
    It's a version for Windows 7 x64 and after installing it you can run the utility from the installation directory - the wizard doesn't create a shortcut to star menu!

Kind regards!
    Thank you, I have got into the BIOS and the settings that where lokked but now it will not let me lock the bios to stop people getting into it without having a password set on start-up.

Kind Regards
    Kye