Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: No AMD GPU after Win 10 upgrade - Satellite S50-B-15Q

1. No AMD GPU after Win 10 upgrade - Satellite S50-B-15Q
    Beginner
    Hello, I'm having a quite serious problem on a (new) satellite S50-B-15Q,

After upgrade to Windows 10 and re-installing Windows (including all the necessary drivers) the Amd Radeon R7 m260 graphic card isn't showing up,
    I tried to install the amd drivers found on the Toshiba website first, then some directly from amd. I had a hard time having the driver installing (kept getting the "instal package failure" error) but even now that they are "installing", the amd radeon doesn't display in the device manager (and doesn't work at all either) !

All I get in display adapters is the integrated gpu (intel(R) HD Graphics 5500), I tried running a program to use graphic ressources to see if it would "switch" to amd but it does not (that was a piece of advice found on a forum)

I already spent a lot of time on this problem, and would really appreciate help

2. Re: No AMD GPU after Win 10 upgrade - Satellite S50-B-15Q
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Pace View Post
    Hello, I'm having a quite serious problem on a (new) satellite S50-B-15Q,

After upgrade to Windows 10 and re-installing Windows (including all the necessary drivers) the Amd Radeon R7 m260 graphic card isn't showing up,
    I tried to install the amd drivers found on the Toshiba website first, then some directly from amd. I had a hard time having the driver installing (kept getting the "instal package failure" error) but even now that they are "installing", the amd radeon doesn't display in the device manager (and doesn't work at all either) !

All I get in display adapters is the integrated gpu (intel(R) HD Graphics 5500), I tried running a program to use graphic ressources to see if it would "switch" to amd but it does not (that was a piece of advice found on a forum)

I already spent a lot of time on this problem, and would really appreciate help

Hi, I have this exact same problem and have spent hours trying to resolve this issue. And to no avail, Toshiba do not have a solution. Have you managed to fix this yet?

3. Re: No AMD GPU after Win 10 upgrade - Satellite S50-B-15Q
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelarchi View Post
    Hi, I have this exact same problem and have spent hours trying to resolve this issue. And to no avail, Toshiba do not have a solution. Have you managed to fix this yet?
    I've been searching for a mean to solve it, but right now the only "solution" I think might work is to roll back to windows 8.1 (or 7 maybe). I have not tried that yet because I need my computer to work. It is quite a shame nobody seems to know how to solve this problem, we are not talking about some minor issue (some temporarily not working function keys, not to give an example).