Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satelite Z30-A-1D2 after upgrading to win 10 screen runs only in full brightness

1. Satelite Z30-A-1D2 after upgrading to win 10 screen runs only in full brightness
    Beginner
    i have a z30-a-1d2. it came with win 8.1 (or 8) and i could lower or increse screen brightness using fn+f6/f7. after upgrading to win10 it is only running in full brightness.

the fn+f6/f7 do not do anything and in power settings i have no slider for screen luminosity.
    i tried upgrading the drive and succeded but no change.

even tried with microsoft generic video driver (as some site suggested) and no change.
    i unistalled/reinstalled the intel video driver and no change.

as i read i understood that this dimming support comes from the video driver. is it correct?

does this have suport for win10? any solutions to control the screen light?
    thanx in advance.

2. Re: Satelite Z30-A-1D2 after upgrading to win 10 screen runs only in full brightness
    Master
    i tried upgrading the drive and succeeded but no change.
    What driver did you update exactly?

Toshiba provides the Windows 10 drivers for this unit and all listed drivers should and have to be updated.

Recommend you to perform all updates which are available here:
    http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/swup...spx?region=TEG

3. Re: Satelite Z30-A-1D2 after upgrading to win 10 screen runs only in full brightness
    Beginner
    i tired upgrading the video driver (the intel one)
    tnx @Jeffrey for the pointer but i found no win 10 video driver in there. as i understood the luminosity control comes from the video driver. is it right?
    i updated the other stuff from the link you provided but still no control over light control.