Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost software after Win 10 upgrade

1. Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost software after Win 10 upgrade
    Beginner
    Hi.

I upgraded my Click Mini to Windows 10 as soon as I got it yesterday.

All appeared well until I restarted it and it would not boot, reporting there was a drive problem.

Eventually, after using the keylogger to unlock the drive, I reset the machine (asking it to keep my files and it has reinstalled Windows 10 but I seem to have lost the Toshiba programs that were on there.

They don't appear in the program list.

Is there a way of getting them back without reverting the unit back to Windows 8.1 in Recovery and then putting Win 10 back on.
    Took hours.

Thanks for any help.
    Doug

2. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost software after Win 10 upgrade
    If you have ticked the option “Keep my Files” the Windows 10 would still remove apps and settings but it keeps your personal files like pictures, mp3, movies, docs, etc.

Please check this:
    Limitations on Windows 10 Upgrade
    http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/swup...on=TEG&lang=en

and here you would find Toshiba Windows 10 Upgrade Information
    http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/swup...on=TEG&lang=en

3. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost Toshiba apps after Win 10 upgrade
    Beginner
    Hi and thank you.

I did read that and until the reboot and not starting up,
    I had these programs listed under the Toshiba heading in All Apps:- Toshiba Desktop Utility, Setup Utility, Service Station, Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio. Not sure about TruCapture to be honest.

One other question please?

There are four "updated for Win 10 drivers" available but when should these have been installed?
    I download these and one was a System update and I put these on AFTER I had upgraded it to Win 10.

Should this have been put on before and while still on Win 8.1 and could this be a reason for the not starting up and saying there was a disk problem?

Thanks
    Doug

4. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost Toshiba apps after Win 10 upgrade
    I download these and one was a System update and I put these on AFTER I had upgraded it to Win 10.
    This is OK… the software should be updated after installation of Win 10

5. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost Toshiba apps after Win 10 upgrade
    Beginner
    Okay. Strange it would not start up though! Getting a bit desperate at 0130 UK time!! Thanks for your time Joe.

6. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost software after Win 10 upgrade
    Beginner
    Sorry, one other question. The cameras? Do they work with two different drivers? I had one camera listed that worked the smaller Mp camera. I updated the driver automatically in Device Manager and I now have the other 5Mp camera working but lost the other one! I have found I think two different drivers. Should I just install them both?

7. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost software after Win 10 upgrade
    Master
    I have found I think two different drivers. Should I just install them both?
    Why not, try it out…

8. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost software after Win 10 upgrade
    Beginner
    Thanks. As there was only one device listed under Imaging Devices, I wondered whether it would pick up the missing camera or just overwrite the original one afain .

9. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost software after Win 10 upgrade
    Master
    As far as I know both cams are different but Toshiba does not provide single drivers for single cams.
    The driver should be part of the system…

Furthermore in some cases the webcam can be enabled and disabled in BIOS.
    So check it too…

By the way: a Windows 10 Privacy setting contains the option for webcam. There you can enable and disable the webcam

10. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost software after Win 10 upgrade
    Beginner
    Thanks again. I did check that Privacy setting and it's on. Its just strange the webcam was working until I checked for driver updates in Device Manager. It then downloaded and installed a new driver and now I have the 5Mp camera working instead.
    I do seem to have two separate drivers for two separate types of camera. I will give it a go and see. Cheers.

11. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost software after Win 10 upgrade
    Beginner
    Got it sorted.
    There are two cameras in Device Manager - one under Imaging and the other in another section.

Just updated both drivers and now there is an extra control that switches the camera from front to back.

Got there in the end.

12. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B - Lost software after Win 10 upgrade
    Master
    Good News! Thanks for sharing!