Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P70-B-102 - Bluetooth issue upgrade to Windows 10

1. Satellite P70-B-102 - Bluetooth issue upgrade to Windows 10
    Beginner
    Hello to all forum users.

I have a Toshiba Satellite P70-B-102 laptop with the operating system Windows 8.1 in Portuguese.

The problem I have is that I can not upgrade to Windows 10, since, according to the application Windows upgrade, the computer can not update Bluetooth drivers, including the following: Bluetooth RFHID, RFBNEP, RFBUS and RFCOMM.

This situation remains for at least a month and a half and I can not update the windows to version 10.

Someone can help me solve this problem?

Thanks for your precious help!
    Pedro Moura

2. Re: Satellite P70-B-102 - Bluetooth issue upgrade to Windows 10
    This is very strange… i think this must be some kind of Windows bug… i would recommend you to check whether all Windows updates and fixes are installed…

Furthermore the unit is listed as a Win 10 upgrade supported model, therefore Win 10 upgrade should be possible.

The unit is listed here: http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/swup...spx?region=TEG

The Win 10 driver can be downloaded and updated from this page:
    http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/swup...spx?region=TEG

but in case the Windows 10 upgrade using the automatic upgrade procedure would not work, try to upgrade Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...n-tool-install

3. Re: Satellite P70-B-102 - Bluetooth issue upgrade to Windows 10
    Beginner
    Hello Joe Louis

First off all i want to thank you for taking time to answer my question.

Now, regarding my question: i already checked my windows update and they are updated. Since 29th of July i get a message in my windows update saying that windows tried to update to version 10 but the upgrade state has flaws (this happened a bunch of times).

I know my laptop is listed to be ready to upgrade, thats what makes this hard for me to understand, why does it not update!
    The link you posted with the windows 10 drivers, which of them refer to the Bluetooth driver?

If i upgrade using the media creation tool will the bluetooth work properly in Windows 10?

The little windows icon that stays near the clock (in the tool bar) gives me the information that if i upgrade to win 10, the bluetooth, probably wont function.
    What should i do?

Thanks once again for your response.

Best regards,

Pedro Moura

4. Re: Satellite P70-B-102 - Bluetooth issue upgrade to Windows 10
    Generally speaking all tools and drivers available on Win 10 driver page should be updated AFTER Windows 10 upgrade.

The notebook was equipped with the Intel WLan / BT combo module… so one module shares Wlan and BT technology.

But the Bluetooth does not require single driver but it’s a combination of Toshiba System driver as well as the Intel BT driver filter package

However, the last one must not be updated as it’s not listed on the Win 10 driver page…