Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Windows 10

1. Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Windows 10
    Hello. I upgraded my laptop Toshiba satellite S50D B100 to Windows 10. And everything is perfect the only problem I've had since I updated the touchpad is not working at all or to the left or right click. My ELAN touchpad is smart pad 15.8.3.2_X64_WHQL version. I searched all over the internet and can not find a solution valid. From what I understand the problem is to update this driver. I went to the ELAN own page and can not find the update, but it says I have to go to the computer manufacturer. I went to the page and neither toshiba meeting and nose to do this and the truth esque driving me crazy because I can not use my laptop and I need it urgently. I appreciate a prompt solution. Thank you.

2. Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Windows 10
    Hello

after two full days looking for a solution to this problem validates I found in a Microsoft forum page to download the driver and achieve ELAN touchpad solve the problem or I think because so far not returned to give me problems.

What I did was this link between this

http://support.toshiba.com/drivers locate the driver called ELAN touchpad was published on 07.08.2015. After my toshiba I went to settings, devices, mouse and touchpad, extra mouse options, Hardware, properties, General, change settings, controller and revert to the previous driver, restart the PC and then install the driver to download toshiba page back to restart the PC.

But I discovered that the update had launched ELAN Microsfot not go away so I went back to reverse the upgrade I had done with the downloaded driver, restart and install Microsoft had released early and then went back to restart the PC.

At the end the whole process I did not need to reinstall the driver unloaded and everything works perfectly so far.

I hope you like because I really suffered much to find an effective solution and that I did not lose the functions of the touchpad.

A greeting.

3. Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Windows 10
    Master
    Thanks for the last feedback