Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Can not adjust brightness on Windows 10 Satellite L50-B-1LN

1. Can not adjust brightness on Windows 10 Satellite L50-B-1LN
    Beginner
    I recently reinstalled Windows 10, and so lost all of the Toshiba software that came with the laptop.

I have since reinstalled the AMD graphics driver, the Toshiba Function Key Desktop App, The Toshiba Value Added Package (this only gave me the battery manger and the PC diagnostic tool), so I then manually found and installed the Toshiba System Settings and the Toshiba HWsetup Utility.

Straight after the Windows 10 reinstall, the Fn keys (volume, flight mode etc) worked when I held down the Fn key, which wasn't what I wanted.

After installing the Function Key Desktop App every single one of the Fn keys worked without pressing the Fn button, apart from Brightness Up and Brightness Down, which didn't work at all with or without the Fn key.

Not only do they not work with the keyboard, I also cannot adjust the brightness any other way.

There are no brightness settings in the control panel power settings, and when I click the battery icon on the taskbar (Windows 10), the brightness option is grayed out!

I'm not sure if the brightness settings ever worked after the Windows 10 reinstall, and if they did, I do not know at what point they stopped working.

I thought it might be when I installed the AMD driver, but I tried uninstalling it and it didn't help. Neither did reinstalling it.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

2. Re: Can not adjust brightness on Windows 10 Satellite L50-B-1LN
    Beginner
    Hi Craig,

Go to Programmes and Features, uninstall the 'Toshiba System Driver' package, and then reinstall the new Toshiba System Driver Package found here, this should resolve the issue.

Hope this helps,
    Z

3. Re: Can not adjust brightness on Windows 10 Satellite L50-B-1LN
    Beginner
    Hi,

I had the saame problem( with Satellite L50-B-24X), so I did what you suggested but I still have the same problem. Anything else I can try?

Nicola

4. Re: Can not adjust brightness on Windows 10 Satellite L50-B-1LN
    I have this problem too with the Satellite L50D-B - I have uninstalled the Toshiba System Driver obtained from that link. However, the brightness can still not be changed, This is a pretty fundamental issue, can you please tell me how to fix?

5. Re: Can not adjust brightness on Windows 10 Satellite L50-B-1LN
    I can say that after applying the latest Windows 10 updates the problem went away. I can adjust the brightness now.