Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660D - screen is black after BIOS update

1. Satellite C660D - screen is black after BIOS update
    Beginner
    Hello!

I need your help for solve the problem that i have...

I have Satellite C660D-1D3, I was update bios and appear ecran as black but LED on, ventolidor work and open and close leitor dvd...

any idea what is problem? And how solve?

I wait.

Thanks.

André Pedro.

2. Re: Satellite C660D - screen is black after BIOS update
    Master
    I’m afraid the BIOS is screwed up and BIOS update was not successfully. It is not easy to repair it.
    On this forum I found similar thread so you can read it and maybe solve the problem.
    Check it out.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?54395&tstart=0

3. Re: Satellite C660D - screen is black after BIOS update
    Beginner
    continue to problem not solve, I maked what link said and not working...! If I buy new or used motherboard is solved ?

4. Re: Satellite C660D - screen is black after BIOS update
    Master
    New, good working motherboard would solve the problem with damage BIOS EPROM module but usually the new motherboard is very expensive part and I’m not quite sure if it could be really an option for you…
    However, and good working 2nd hand motherboard might be a cheaper solution.

5. Re: Satellite C660D - screen is black after BIOS update
    Beginner
    I have a Toshiba Satellite A660 purchased in 2010 that has worked well until just last week. After the original battery died I purchased a replacement from Toshiba in September 2013, and that has worked fine, again until just last week. Note: the laptop did not come with a battery charger. HOW do I recharge a battery? HOW do I know when the battery is the problem? HOW does not shutting down the laptop correctly possibly use up the battery so that it is no longer rechargeable? I always used the plug in WITH the original battery and it lasted four years. I didn't want to run the battery down but understand I need to use the battery WITHOUT the plug in or the battery thinks it's not being discharged enough (fascinating to an English major with NO understanding of how batteries work) and so may lose capacity over time. Whereas an hour ago the battery light was orange, now it is blue BUT the turn on button icon is still dark and when I press it nothing happens. How can I determine what the problem is and how to fix it? The laptop was mostly in my car trunk during a three-week vacation. I took it out twice and used it with no problem. Then I forgot it at a friend's home by mistake. I used it there but might not have shut it down correctly. When I returned to the friend's home 10 days later I discovered the problem I have now, i.e., it won't turn on when I press the power button. To my knowing the laptop sat upright in a carrying case and was not knocked over. Would a replacement battery be warrantied for more than two years? Unfortunately, I cannot locate any paperwork about that replacement battery. How many hour or days should I leave the laptop plugged in hoping that that will recharge the battery? CAN a battery be recharged, and if so, HOW? Do I need to purchase a battery charger? I see them for sale but none look like my battery would fit them. Total novice at this stuff, as you can see. Thank you.