Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L50D-B-16M Back To Factory Default?

1. Satellite L50D-B-16M Back To Factory Default?
    Beginner
    Hi,

Is there an easy way to reset the Satellite L50D-B-16M back to its factory defaults without having to go through the process of making recovery disks and all that?

There are no imporant files on it anymore, I'm just looking for a straightforward way to reset it to its factory defaults. (The old trick with pressing the 0-button while turning it on doesn't seem to work).

Thanks!

2. Re: Satellite L50D-B-16M Back To Factory Default?
    Master
    The old trick with pressing the 0-button while turning it on doesn't seem to work
    Pressing the 0 button started the recovery from HDD Recovery partition.

You could also switch on the computer, press and hold the "F12" key while the Toshiba logo appears.
    Then you should see the boot menu and the last option called HDD recovery should also allow you to start the recovery procedure from HDD…

But this will work only if the HDD was not modified and if the recovery files are still available.

3. Re: Satellite L50D-B-16M Back To Factory Default?
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonny View Post
    Pressing the 0 button started the recovery from HDD Recovery partition.

You could also switch on the computer, press and hold the "F12" key while the Toshiba logo appears.
    Then you should see the boot menu and the last option called HDD recovery should also allow you to start the recovery procedure from HDD…

But this will work only if the HDD was not modified and if the recovery files are still available.
    Thanks!

I'm not sure why, but nothing happens when I press anything while the Toshiba logo appears. It doesn't matter if I press F5, F8, or F12, I can't get any boot menu to appear.

It's as if Windows (8) starts right away before I can do anything...

Any thoughts on what I can do to get it to appear?

4. Re: Satellite L50D-B-16M Back To Factory Default?
    Master
    You may need to perform a full complete system shut down in order to be able to access the boot menu.

Check this TSB
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB2B03EY0002R01.htm

Another option: you have to press and hold the shift key while you click on shut down