Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660 needs new HDD - Windows 7

1. Satellite C660 needs new HDD - Windows 7
    Hello,

My C660 needs a new hard drive. It came with Windows 7 home premium pre-installed and I would like to return to that.

If I go to Microsoft to download windows 7 with my product key, it gives an error. I contacted MS support. I don't quite remember what they said but they couldn't help, possibly because it was a manufacturer installed version?

So If I get a new hard drive, how can I return to my previous OS, Windows 7 Home Premium?

Help please?

2. Re: Satellite C660-, New Hard drive - Windows 7
    Master
    You can have previous OS (recovery image) if you install it using recovery media (DVD or USB).
    I presume you didn’t create this recovery media in the past, right?

If you still can use your notebook and preinstalled OS try please to create this media using preinstalled recovery media utility. More about that you can read in user’s manuals document.

3. Re: Satellite C660 needs new HDD - Windows 7
    If you did not create the recovery media, you’ve got an option to order the recovery disk from this page:
    http://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

4. Re: Satellite C660 needs new HDD - Windows 7
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLouis View Post
    If you did not create the recovery media, you’ve got an option to order the recovery disk from this page:
    http://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx
    I've been considering that, but will it actually work with a new, blank hard drive?

5. Re: Satellite C660 needs new HDD - Windows 7
    Master
    Yes, the recovery process will run and functions also using new HDD