Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Win 10 on Portege R700 and R930 works but wher is the BIOS?

1. Win 10 on Portege R700 and R930 works but wher is the BIOS?
    Beginner
    I have installed W10 on my R700 and R930 successfully - but I have two minor issues I can´t solve:
    - I cannot enter BIOS - the route via Settings - advanced Start - troubleshooting - Start repair etc. does not work. How do I enter BIOS in W10???
    - I try to update my Intel drivers via the Intel driver Update Utility - but when I run this App - the App are not able to identify any Intel drivers on my two Porteges - how can this be possible? In the System info I can see information about the Intel processors - how can that be?
    Otherwise W10 is running good....

/Anders

2. Re: W10 on R700 and R930 works ok, but.wher is the BIOS??
    Beginner
    Well - I found the answer to the first question - how to enter Bios in W10 - in the energy options you have to disable quick start-up - then you can enter BIOS by just holding the F12 at powering up. Worked on my two Portege.
    /Anders

I have installed W10 on my R700 and R930 successfully - but I have two minor issues I can´t solve:
    - I cannot enter BIOS - the route via Settings - advanced Start - troubleshooting - Start repair etc. does not work. How do I enter BIOS in W10???
    - I try to update my Intel drivers via the Intel driver Update Utility - but when I run this App - the App are not able to identify any Intel drivers on my two Porteges - how can this be possible? In the System info I can see information about the Intel processors - how can that be?
    Otherwise W10 is running good....

/Anders

3. Re: Win 10 on Portege R700 and R930 works but wher is the BIOS?
    You can also simply hold SHIFT during shutdown to avoid hybrid suspend mode. You need to keep on holding SHIFT until the power LED turns off.

4. Re: Win 10 on Portege R700 and R930 works but wher is the BIOS?
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuma7 View Post
    You can also simply hold SHIFT during shutdown to avoid hybrid suspend mode. You need to keep on holding SHIFT until the power LED turns off.
    A better and more simple way to do this - thanks Akuma7!
    /Anders