Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite M30 - display adapter driver

1. Satellite M30 - display adapter driver
    Beginner
    New software loaded onto my laptop warns "...your display adapter requires an updated driver". The driver I have is a Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200. Could anyone tell me what is the latest and how do I get it. I am VERY non technie! so I hope it is simple!! Also what is BIOS? (told you I was non-technie!!!!!)
    Thanks GillW

2. Re: Satellite M30 - display adapter driver
    Master
    Hi Gill,

The latest available driver for your graphics is version 46.44 and you will need to check which version you currently have (in Device Manager). It is likely that you already have this version installed since the release date is May 2004.

The BIOS is a small programme held on the CMOS chip on your mainboard and it is responsible for handling the basic peripheral functions of your notebook so that your operating system can get on with running your applications. The BIOS is loaded when you power on your notebook and before the operating system itself starts up.

regards,

3. Re: Satellite M30 - display adapter driver
    Beginner
    Great - many thanks for reply. I will check which version I have.