Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L505 and Win10 - Wirelss Without Flash Cards

1. Satellite L505 and Win10 - Wirelss Without Flash Cards
    Beginner
    Is there any way to turn on wireless on a Satellite L505 without the flashcard utility?
    I've upgraded to Windows 10 and flashcards will not install/work. Oddly, if I go into the bios and turn off wireless, then reboot and turn it on, it works. But after a reboot, wireless is off again and I have to go through the bios change to get it to work again.

What I would give to have the hardware switch on this one.

2. Re: Satellite L505 and Win10 - Wirelss Without Flash Cards
    Master
    Maybe stupid question now but do you have this problems if you use stand-by or hibernation mode?
    I mean if this work don't switch your notebook off but you can often use hibernation mode.

Some function like WLAN enable/disable are controlled by additional software and your old machine will probably not supported for Win10 so I think you will not be able to fix this.

3. Re: Satellite L505 and Win10 - Wirelss Without Flash Cards
    Beginner
    It's not practical to leave it on standby or otherwise. I think you are correct, though, no Win 10 support. It did work with Windows 8.1 though so I'm a little perplexed by that.

4. Re: Satellite L505 and Win10 - Wirelss Without Flash Cards
    Beginner
    Have you tried through the Info-Center (on the status bar)?

I have Satellite Pro C660 and my Flash cards are not working either but I am using the Info-Center and it works fine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Info-Center.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	294

Greetings!

5. Re: Satellite L505 and Win10 - Wirelss Without Flash Cards
    Beginner
    Thanks for responding but what/where is the info center. Is it a Toshiba app or program? I have NO Toshiba stuff on this laptop. It was a complete clean install of Windows 10.