Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege Z30-B-10v - internal mic stops working when I plug in Headphones

1. Portege Z30-B-10v - internal mic stops working when I plug in Headphones
    Beginner
    I have Toshiba Portege Z30-B-10v.

there is an issue when I plag in the Headphones the internal microphone stops working and I can't find any possibilities how to switch it on.

It was found on both win7 and win10 platform

any hint how to resolve it ?

Thx

B.

2. Re: My internal mic stops working when I plug in Headphones
    Beginner
    any way I find out that if I plugin ony 2/3 of jack to Combo Audio jet it works in this combination (External headPhones + internal mic)
    but it is not acceptible

3. Re: Portege Z30-B-10v - internal mic stops working when I plug in Headphones
    Quote Originally Posted by bb.bastik View Post
    I have Toshiba Portege Z30-B-10v.

there is an issue when I plag in the Headphones the internal microphone stops working and I can't find any possibilities how to switch it on.

It was found on both win7 and win10 platform

any hint how to resolve it ?

Thx

B.
    Do your headphones have an integrated Microphone?
    If so, it's possible the 4-pole connector is causing problems.

Try with a set of 'normal' headphones and see what happens.

4. Re: Portege Z30-B-10v - internal mic stops working when I plug in Headphones
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Do your headphones have an integrated Microphone?
    If so, it's possible the 4-pole connector is causing problems.

Try with a set of 'normal' headphones and see what happens.
    No,
    I have a normal headphones and I want to use it with internal mic, unfortunately internal mic stops working when I plugin the headphones.

Is it now more clear ? If I use headphones with integrated mic it works with out problem

5. Re: Portege Z30-B-10v - internal mic stops working when I plug in Headphones
    Beginner
    You probably can select the recording Device after connecting your Headphones. Just right-click the speaker-symbol in your systray and select the internal mic. Usually you do not have to change this setting every time you connect a new Device. If this does not work, maybe the sounddriver offers some specific options.

6. Re: Portege Z30-B-10v - internal mic stops working when I plug in Headphones
    Beginner
    Anyway,
    you should try some more technical hint ;-)
    I see that the description of my problem is still not clear for you.
    Options are set up correctly, internal mic is only one possible choice, because not any other is plugged in.
    in this situation it works well.
    Now I am going to try describe the problem:
    When I plug in the head phones (without mic) The options is automaticly change from SPEAKERS to HEADPHONES.
    Options for mic are setup the same way as without headphones AND it doesn't work.

We have a two this computers, I can resolve this problem when I start the computer with Linux, unfortunately not with windows both 7 and 8

Should be there some problem with drivers for sound device ?

7. Re: Portege Z30-B-10v - internal mic stops working when I plug in Headphones
    Beginner
    Atm i don't got a Z30 in my hands, but i'll try it next time i get one. (probably in 3 weeks)

8. Re: Portege Z30-B-10v - internal mic stops working when I plug in Headphones
    Beginner
    I think i've got the solution for your problem. The default-config in the realtek audio manager for the 3,5mm port is headset+mic.

1. Open the realtek panel (search in Start-Menu)
    2. double-tap the black audio-jack symbol on the right top (maybe select mic-tab first)
    3. select headset only (default = headset+mic)
    4. Don't forget to active the checkbox on the bottom, so everytime you connect a device to your audio-jack, you'll get a popup and can select the proper device.

9. Re: Portege Z30-B-10v - internal mic stops working when I plug in Headphones
    Beginner
    ps: You have to connect an audio device, otherwise you can't change these options.