Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Windows 10

1. Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Windows 10
    Beginner
    Hi,

Just bought a Satellite S50D-B last week. Comfortable with technology. Updated to Windows 10 (3rd machine I have done this on). New laptop is the only one giving problems. Tried enabling in the Settings - seems Win 10 auto disables the device which is strange. Indeed this (kinda) works except for the left and right buttons. Tried reinstalling Elan software but no change. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Peter
    There can be only One Highlander (1Timothy 2:5)

2. Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Windows 10
    Beginner
    Hi

I have the same problem - I updated a brand new Toshiba Satellite S50D-B-100 to Windows 10 and the cursor has disappeared all together. I connected a USB mouse and re-enabled the touchpad in Control Panel's mouse/touchpad settings but I am still unable to see the cursor, or have any functionality at all from the touchpad. Uninstalling and re-installing and re-starting does nothing... now the laptop is tethered with a USB mouse = please help !

3. Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Windows 10
    Beginner
    I have the same problem with a Satellite S50-B-15Q that I bought about a month ago. The touchpad works for a few seconds after logging in, then freezes. The keyboard still works, and an external mouse works. Do Toshiba need to provide a new driver? The latest one is for Windows 8, although the Windows 10 page says everything for upgrading a Satellite S50-B will be available on 29 July.

4. Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Windows 10
    Beginner
    hi! same problem here! at 1/08/2015 install the windows 10 in s50-b-12z after log in the touchpad worked for few seconds and now is dead. Only with external.
    Please fix this asap

5. SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Windows 10
    Beginner
    I solved my problem ... and possibly 'the' problem.

Go to 'Device Manager' (Settings\Devices\Device Manager), right click over 'Mice and Other Pointing Devices', right click over 'Elan Input Device' (or whatever the name of your track pad is), and select UNINSTALL. It will prompt for a restart ... let it.

When it restarts Win 10 finds the touch pad automatically. I rebooted again just to check ... all is good.
    Hope you (and all of the others out there find this helpful) ... and remember,

call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins ;-) Matthew 1:21

6. Re: SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Window
    Beginner
    That worked for me too, thanks!

One note: check the box that says 'remove device driver software' - you need to do that.

Please don't bring religion into it, though.

Thanks.

7. Re: SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Window
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by anguswalker View Post
    That worked for me too, thanks! One note: check the box that says 'remove device driver software' - you need to do that.

Please don't bring religion into it, though. Thanks.
    thanks both of you
    But you don't have the elan touchpad software? i mean the touchpad works but not the multytouch functions?

8. Re: SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Window
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Shiels View Post
    I solved my problem ... and possibly 'the' problem. Go to 'Device Manager' (Settings\Devices\Device Manager), right click over 'Mice and Other Pointing Devices', right click over 'Elan Input Device' (or whatever the name of your track pad is), and select UNINSTALL. It will prompt for a restart ... let it.

When it restarts Win 10 finds the touch pad automatically. I rebooted again just to check ... all is good.
    call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins ;-) Matthew 1:21
    That has got my touchpad and left and right buttons back.
    Control Panel is also accessibe via Windows Key and X Keytogether as Win 10 wants you to go via Settings.
    Thank you

9. Re: SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Window
    Beginner
    I figured the same your problem after update to Windows 10,

and I remove the mouse from the "Device Manager" as I did (without removing the driver) and mouse worked fine. But the properties of the multi touch no longer work after you do that like zoom etc.

Is there a solution?

"Satellite S50T-B950"

10. Re: SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Window
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
    I figured the same your problem after update to Windows 10,
    and I remove the mouse from the "Device Manager" as I did (without removing the driver) and mouse worked fine. But the properties of the multi touch no longer work after you do that like zoom etc.
    Is there a solution?
    "Satellite S50T-B950"
    Hi
    Today I checked the updates in Windows 10 and downloaded an ELAN touchpad update. My touchpad has working zoom/minimise gestures and two-fingered scrolling.

11. Re: SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Window
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
    Hi
    Today I checked the updates in Windows 10 and downloaded an ELAN touchpad update. My touchpad has working zoom/minimise gestures and two-fingered scrolling.
    I have checked Windows updates and application server staion of Toshiba and no updates!

windows 10
    "Satellite S50T-B950"

12. Re: SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Window
    Beginner
    thanks it work

13. Re: SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Window
    Beginner
    I have tried the solutions here following my upgrade to Win10, to no avail. I cannot even get a consistently working touch pad. It'll be good for a couple of boots but then just loses it again. Some are mentioning Win 10 links to download the Elan software but neglect to add a link! Why is that?

14. Re: SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Window
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
    Hi
    ...and the link for this is where????

15. Re: SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Window
    Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Shiels View Post
    I solved my problem ... and possibly 'the' problem. Go to 'Device Manager' (Settings\Devices\Device Manager), right click over 'Mice and Other Pointing Devices', right click over 'Elan Input Device' (or whatever the name of your track pad is), and select UNINSTALL. It will prompt for a restart ... let it.
    Who marked this as solved????

16. Re: SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Window
    The issue has been solved as you can read above:
    the ELAN touchpad driver update was released and would appear together with other Windows 10 updates.

But of course, the ELAN software/driver must be installed in case to receive this update!

17. Re: SOLVED **** Re: Satellite S50D-B - TouchPad is not working after update to Window
    Hello

after two full days looking for a solution to this problem validates I found in a Microsoft forum page to download the driver and achieve ELAN touchpad solve the problem or I think because so far not returned to give me problems.

What I did was this link between this
    http://support.toshiba.com/drivers locate the driver called ELAN touchpad was published on 07.08.2015.

After my toshiba I went to settings, devices, mouse and touchpad, extra mouse options, Hardware, properties, General, change settings, controller and revert to the previous driver, restart the PC and then install the driver to download toshiba page back to restart the PC.

But I discovered that the update had launched ELAN Microsfot not go away so I went back to reverse the upgrade I had done with the downloaded driver, restart and install Microsoft had released early and then went back to restart the PC.

At the end the whole process I did not need to reinstall the driver unloaded and everything works perfectly so far.

I hope you like because I really suffered much to find an effective solution and that I did not lose the functions of the touchpad.
    A greeting.