Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C660 PSC0LE - Win7 64bit clean installation - update issue

1. Satellite C660 PSC0LE - Win7 64bit clean installation - update issue
    Don't know if anyone can help me but I'm losing the will to live.

I've got this laptop, the OS corrupted and basically failed due to a malware infection. I never had the recovery disks so I've clean installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit twice in the space of 3 days because each time, Windows Update will not work. It simply sits on checking for updates and never finishes. I've tried EVERY solution going - ive reset windows update, done all the fix it programs supplied by microsoft to no avail.

As I said, this is a totally clean install, no anti virus, no 3rd party firewall, updates attempted via both ethernet and wifi. Am I missing a driver of some sort? There are no exclamation marks or warnings in device manager?!

It's doing my head in. What am i doing wrong?!

One observation, both installs have required me to activate via phone, it wouldn't work via the internet?! Is this related in any way?

Drivers installed:
    Chipset
    Video
    Audio
    LAN
    WLAN
    Touchpad

I got them off this page: http://www.toshiba.co.uk/innovation/...untry=8&page=1

Is there any that I'm missing that are important?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

2. Re: Satellite C660 PSC0LE - Win7 64bit clean installation - update issue
    Master
    Is SP1 already installed on your Windows 7 system?
    If not, you could download this from here:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...service-pack-1

Otherwise I recommend you to check the MS knowledge base regarding the Windows 7 update issues.

You don’t’ use the Toshiba image and therefore this isn’t Toshiba notebook problem but system issue.

3. Re: Satellite C660 PSC0LE - Win7 64bit clean installation - update issue
    Beginner
    Hi Danbsfc, I am having the same problem with my Satellite P10-304. Did you ever resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Peter