Hello everybody.
I have a laptop (model in title) that is running into a strange issue. It has happened two days ago: I was trying to turn it on and while I were onto win7 login screen, it suddenly turn off. Apart that fact, that of course is not related to what I'm asking here, when I tried to turn it on again, a white-blinking-dash appears into top-left corner of the screen.

First thing I had in mind: no bootable HDD; basically an error into MBR o something like this?

My first try was to access recovery partition (by pressing F8) but nothing happens. So I've tried also with every possible F{1,2,3,...,12} key but without success. Strange, I've never formatted my laptop, toshiba didn't mount a recovery partition for that model?
Ok, nevermind, as I'm an IT guy and I'm quite skilled, my second try was to create a bootable USB stick with some tool (like partition manager, gparted and so on...) and to boot the utility from there just to check and fix errors (if there are).

With my big surprise, this laptop seems not to be able to boot from USB!

What I've tried:

- Create a stick either with MBR for BIOS and UEFI (FAT32, NTFS)
- Create a stick either with GPT for UEFI (FAT32, NTFS)
- Switch BOOT order in BIOS
- Pressed F12 to select manually USB to boot
- Check for safe mode (that BIOS [1.40] seems not to have that possibility)
- Change to CMS (that BIOS seems not to have that possibility)

So I'm stuck here, wondering why this laptop can't make a normal boot from USB

BTW, I've tried my flash stick onto other non-toshiba laptop and I'm able to boot from them.

Waiting for a kind response.
Best regards,