Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How do i disable tap-to-click on Satellite C660/C660D?

1. How do i disable tap-to-click on Satellite C660/C660D?
    There is no option to disable it on this laptop, I have searched for the answer online but nothing, there seems to be no way to do it on this model of laptop. I tried downloading the new touchpad driver from this site but had absolutely no effect and gave me no more options to disable it, it changed nothing. Completely stuck now and its driving me crazy!

The mouse also clicks on its own randomly even when Im not touching it, always seems to get bad when im gaming.

I still want to use the touchpad to move the pointer around, just don't want to use it to click.

2. Re: How do i disable tap-to-click on Satellite C660/C660D?
    On my Satellite S50-B is installed ELAN software and tapping option can also not be disabled.

Explanation: one finger tapping always performs Point/Click/Select function, which is equivalent to clicking the left mouse button.

It is really strange that this option doesn't exist.

Anyway, if you don't need touchpad in general you can enable/disable it using Fx button (don't know exactly which one on this notebook model).

3. Re: How do i disable tap-to-click on Satellite C660/C660D?
    Master
    As far as I know the Satellite C660 supports Synaptics touchpad.
    The Synaptics touchpad driver should support the tap to click option.

So ensure that Synaptics driver has been installed.
    Then go to control panel -> mouse -> last tab (settings button)
    Now you should access the Synaptics properties and here you should find the option called “Tapping”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tapping-synaptics.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	239