Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C70D-B-108 - Slowest laptop I've ever saw

1. Satellite C70D-B-108 - Slowest laptop I've ever saw
    Beginner
    Hi all,

My grandmother recently bought this Toshiba, mostly i recommend people a Toshiba but this is going to far.

I wasn't aware that she bought a laptop untill she called me and said she needs help because she never worked with such a slow computer as this Toshiba.

So my question is

How much logic does Toshiba has? I mean putting 6GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM ( ok nice for a casual laptop ) doesn't quite fit with a >>1GHz<< processor. for the rest the specs aren't terrible.

Can somebody explain me why this laptop has a 1GHz processor with 6GB of RAM. this doensn't makes sence at all

I've a angry grandmother xD with a crappy laptop so I builded quick a pc for her where so does her work on for now
    Last edited by Jamie Legends; 06.07.2015 at 22:24. Reason: type fail

2. Re: Satellite C70D-B-108 - Slowest laptop I've ever saw
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Legends View Post
    Hi all,

My grandmother recently bought this Toshiba, mostly i recommend people a Toshiba but this is going to far.

I wasn't aware that she bought a laptop untill she called me and said she needs help because she never worked with such a slow computer as this Toshiba.

So my question is

How much logic does Toshiba has? I mean putting 6GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM ( ok nice for a casual laptop ) doesn't quite fit with a >>1GHz<< processor. for the rest the specs aren't terrible.

Can somebody explain me why this laptop has a 1GHz processor with 6GB of RAM. this doensn't makes sence at all

I've a angry grandmother xD with a crappy laptop so I builded quick a pc for her where so does her work on for now
    AMD E1-2100, 6 GB, 17.3 inch, 1600x900, AMD Radeon HD 8210, 750 GB,
    that realy makes no sense they even put in a decent gpu and bottleneck it whit a 1ghz low budget AMD E1-2100.
    ow well logic sometimes .
    i hope it works out for ur grandmother

3. Re: Satellite C70D-B-108 - Slowest laptop I've ever saw
    This Satellite notebook is low budget notebook designed for simple tasks like typing, web browsing, Skype and movie playback.
    I can imagine that this machine is pretty slow but what you can do is to optimize preinstalled operating system. This will help to have well running and stabile operating system.

On this forum you can find many threads where we have already discussed about OS optimization and ways how to make OS more effective.