Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Cannot use finger print scanner on my Tecra M10

1. Cannot use finger print scanner on my Tecra M10
    hi all

i have a toshiba tecra M10 PTMB1E laptop with fingerprint scanner. im also running windows 7. now the problem i have is that i cant find any program application to run the fingerprint software?? ive tried various fingerprint software downloads from the toshiba site but nothing works? if i check the devices the drivers for the scanner are installed correctly. if i type fingerprint into the search program files box, it comes back with the following

use your fingerprint with windows
    stop using your fingerprint with windows
    manage your fingerprint data
    remove your fingerprint data
    biometric devices
    change biometric settings

if i click the first option it takes me to an authentec page that says under construction? same as if i go to "manage your fingerprint data?

i can turn biometrics on/off but nothing happens on boot up that lets me use my fingerprint?

if i go to the biometric devices page in the hardware section it says im not enrolled? if i click the blue highlighted "use your fingerprint with windows" link all it does is take me to that AUTHENTEC .com page again? and all that has is an under construction page with various links???

are the scanners still used by these laptops with windows anymore? or has windows dropped support???

2. Re: Cannot use finger print scanner on my Tecra M10
    Master
    Hi

On the Toshiba EU driver page you can find the Fingerprint Software and the Fingerprint Uninstaller (This tool is needed to uninstall the fingerprint-reader software)

You need the Fingerprint Software…
    …. additionally I recommend you to check this Toshiab docuemtn regarding the usage of Fingerprint:
    http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/General...ty/ta-p/347084

https://support.toshiba.com/support/...tentId=3368363

3. Re: Cannot use finger print scanner on my Tecra M10
    I have tried about ten different "finger print utility" software downloads from the Toshiba site but none have worked?? And my machine model number as stated above is not listed?? Also how do I enroll to use my finger print???

4. Re: Cannot use finger print scanner on my Tecra M10
    Master
    Also how do I enroll to use my finger print???
    http://www.mytoshiba.co.nz/support/items/faq/386

And my machine model number as stated above is not listed??
    Tecra M10 PTMB1E is an European model but similar to US or Australian models...

5. Re: Cannot use finger print scanner on my Tecra M10
    all sorted many thanks for all your help.....

6. Re: Cannot use finger print scanner on my Tecra M10
    Master
    Good news! thanks for the short feedback!