Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Battery issues with brand new Satellite Click Mini

1. Battery issues with brand new Satellite Click Mini
    Beginner
    Hi guys,

my unit came fully discharged which was quite annoying. So I charged up the tablet to 100% and the keyboard battery was at the time reading 100% charge. Applied the bios update 1.70 and after boot the keyboard battery was showing at 0%. It will now not charge, the tablet is at 100% and Windows reports battery 2 is charging but it stays at 0%.

There is a high pitched electrical whine coming from the keyboard dock? Could it be a faulty battery? Or is it so deeply discharged it will not charge again?

Thanks in advance

2. Re: Battery issues with brand new Satellite Click Mini
    Master
    If the keyboard battery is deeply discharged, you have to keep the AC adaptor connected for at least 24 hours…

But the high pitched electrical whine coming from the keyboard dock sounds really strange…
    I can imagine that there is some lose connection or an hardware issue…

Anyway, tablet must be connected to AC adaptor and docked to the keyboard dock while charging… please also ensure that the tablet is powered OFF (press and hold the power button 10-15 sec in order to power off the tablet)

3. Re: Battery issues with brand new Satellite Click Mini
    Beginner
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I did keep it charged for around 12 hours but no difference. The charger was cold so could tell the unit wasn't drawing any current. I sent it back in the end for a replacement which charges fine and doesn't have the high piched noise. I did have to update the bios to 1.70 for it to start charging though.

4. Re: Battery issues with brand new Satellite Click Mini
    Master
    I sent it back in the end for a replacement which charges fine and doesn't have the high piched noise
    Thanks for the feedback gh97
    Perhaps hardware malfunction was the reason why the device could not charge properly…