Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro P300-23L: Cant get past Toshiba Leading Innovation screen

1. Satellite Pro P300-23L: Cant get past Toshiba Leading Innovation screen
    Beginner
    This is a cut and paste of a previous post, but one which I am having a problem with today (saves me typing it out again!) :

When I start my laptop, it stops on he Toshiba leading innovation screen and only provides the option to do one of two things. This is what it says at the bottome of the page *"Press F2 to enter Setup, F12 to enter Multiboot Selection Menu"* I have tried both. I pressed F2, I've press F12 and neither one gets me pst the screen

- When I press either after the Toshiba screen is visible, they do nothing
    - If I press the F2 during boot up, the instruction at the bottom of the page says "Please Wait". However, I waited for hours and nothing ever happened. The "please wait" message just sat there.
    - If I press the F12 during boot up, the instruction at the bottom of the page says "Press F2 SETUP, Entering boot device selection menu....." Then it just sits there and does nothing
    The Toshiba Leading Innovation screen remains the whole time.

I have tried removeing the battery and draining flea power - this does not resolve the issue.

When I restart the laptop, I get the situation as per line 1 above. No amount of tapping F8 does anything..I`m always back to the Toshiba leading Innovation page.

The fan is working but the HDD led never flickers.

Any suggestions please? Thanks

2. Re: Satellite Pro P300-23L: Cant get past Toshiba Leading Innovation screen
    Beginner
    Is anyone ever on this forum????

3. Re: Satellite Pro P300-23L: Cant get past Toshiba Leading Innovation screen
    Have you tried to remove HDD or RAM and test BIOS access again?

4. Re: Satellite Pro P300-23L: Cant get past Toshiba Leading Innovation screen
    Beginner
    I have taken out the HDD and switched it on again without the battery and still get the Toshiba Leading Innoation screen with the F2 and F12 options on the bottom of the screen. Yet to attempt the RAM as unsure how this is done.

5. Re: Satellite Pro P300-23L: Cant get past Toshiba Leading Innovation screen
    Hi

If the notebook cannot pass the Toshiba Splash Screen (POST – power on self test) then this notebook behaviour is mostly related to an serious hardware problem.

The faulty HDD would not cause such problem because even if the HDD would be faulty, the notebook should be able to pass such screen…

Therefore I guess that there is something wrong with the RAM or with the motherboard.
    Here you can check how to remove the RAM modules and to insert new memory:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/CRU9902O80001R01.htm

If the issue isn’t related to faulty RAM, then other parts like motherboard (maybe the BIOS EPROM module) should be checked… but such check requires additional special tools and therefore I think that this would be a job for an notebook technicians…

6. Re: Satellite Pro P300-23L: Cant get past Toshiba Leading Innovation screen
    Beginner
    Thanks for that TomDexter. I suspect it is a motherboard fault as this situation only came about when I restarted it in order to set the updates. Prior to that the fan had been on almost constantly, so I think it probably overheat. I doubt it is worth spending money on it as it is 8 years old!