Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: BIOS update on Satellite C660

1. BIOS update on Satellite C660
    Hi their.

I need to update the bios of my Satellite C660. I download the install pack versionn 2. But I get this messege: "Tere is an error occured. Please check below items. BIOS version above 200. Battery capacity more than 10%. AC is attached."
    So my current version is 1.5, battery full, and AC plugged.
    What's the problem?

Thanks!

2. Re: BIOS update on Satellite C660
    Master
    Hi

Can you please post full model name of your notebook? I just want to check which BIOS version is offered for download.

By the way: why do you want to update BIOS? Is there some serious problem with your machine?

3. Re: BIOS update on Satellite C660
    Maybe you changed/reinstalled the Windows system in the past and some necessary software parts are not installed… for example I’m thinking about the Toshiba Value Added Package

4. Re: BIOS update on Satellite C660
    Quote Originally Posted by Macius View Post
    Hi

Can you please post full model name of your notebook? I just want to check which BIOS version is offered for download.

By the way: why do you want to update BIOS? Is there some serious problem with your machine?
    I worte. Toshiba satellite c660
    I bought a new processor, and it not works. I think that update bios will fix that.

5. Re: BIOS update on Satellite C660
    You right! I reinstalled my windows
    I tried now to install Toshiba Value Added Package, and it didn't help...

6. Re: BIOS update on Satellite C660
    Master
    I wrote “full” name. C660 is not the full name. There are several C660 models. Full name is C660-12B or something like this. I would like to check download page and see which BIOS version is offered for download.

OK you have changed CPU and wrote “it not works”. What do you mean with “not working”? If I understand you right you can start your machine properly, right?
    Generally speaking, the CPU upgrade is not supported so there is no guarantee that anything will be fixed with BIOS update. you are really lucky if your notebook starts and you can use preinstalled OS.

7. Re: BIOS update on Satellite C660
    c660-1x3

8. Re: BIOS update on Satellite C660
    Master
    You cannot update the BIOS because the BIOS 2.0 isnít compatible with Satellite C660 PSC1NE series
    The Satellite C660-1x3 belongs to the PSC1NE and on the Toshiba EU driver page you can find only the BIOS v1.50 for download.
    So your BIOS is already up to date!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C660_PSC1NE.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	147