Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Satellite M50-A - ELAN touchpad stopped working

1. Re: Satellite M50-A - ELAN touchpad stopped working
    Thank you

2. Re: Satellite M50-A - ELAN touchpad stopped working
    Well I was on the phone to microsoft this evening for 45 mins about this issue and the technician admitted that it was the first he'd heard of it and thanked me for bringing it to his attention !!.

He remotely accessed my laptop and had a root around.
    To cut a long story I directed him to this thread and he remotely used Crummonds fix above and it worked and he thanked ME for helping him to troubleshoot the issue........

Bizarre to say the least but my keyboard and pad are back !!

3. Re: Satellite M50-A - ELAN touchpad stopped working
    This is all great, but unless you're familiar with the aforementioned jargon, then it should be totally up to Microsoft/ Toshiba to sort the problem. I'm going to restore using an external mouse, but after that I will disable automatic updates until I hear for certain that the bug has been fixed.

4. Re: Satellite M50-A - ELAN touchpad stopped working
    I have satellite M50-A-11P
    same problem. thank goodness had a separate mouse to hand or would not even been able access all yr comments!
    Hope it works for me.
    Thanks

5. Re: Satellite M50-A - ELAN touchpad stopped working
    I've a funny feeling this is going to run. Microsoft not arsed to escalate it any higher and its nearly impossible to get a contact number for Toshiba. The virtual assist won't even recognise my model or serial number. I guess the more folk that contact Microsoft might get the ball rolling but as I stated it's not a priority for them to solve this problem in the near future I reckon :-(

6. Re: Satellite M50-A-118 - ELAN touchpad stopped working
    This really worked, was afraid first that I would **** up my registry but it's quite easy and really does the trick.

Thosiba advised me to do a system recovery which I couldn't do...then they told me to reinstall my computer to fabric recovery...but this was only 5 mins work and did the trick !

Thanks !!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123