Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Need recovery files for my Satellite C70D-A-114

1. Need recovery files for my Satellite C70D-A-114
    carplu
    I have a Satellite C70D-A-114...

i hardly used it because it was slow

so i wanted to sell it

first i wanted to set it back to factory settings

doing that, in that process i seem to have deleted all files

so now i get message no bootable disc etc.

Tried everything, there is simply no recovery file

So where can i find such a file for free? It's just not normal that it is not on the site.

2. Re: Need recovery files for my Satellite C70D-A-114
    Master
    All you can find for free are all drivers, tools and utilities. Original recovery image (software package) is not for free and if you need it you must order recovery disc directly by Toshiba.

You can order it on https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

By the way: in user’s manuals document is clearly described how you can create recovery installation disc. I’m wondering you didn’t make it in the past.

3. Re: Need recovery files for my Satellite C70D-A-114
    carplu
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan25 View Post
    By the way: in userís manuals document is clearly described how you can create recovery installation disc. Iím wondering you didnít make it in the past.
    Well i did not... it was just a laptop to be able to check stuff in IE... normally i use a mac.

It's just bad practice from toshiba that they don't ship a recovery disc... so now i can throw it in the bin just because i refuse to pay for something that should be available for free.

if at least they would present the windows product code so i could download windows 8.1 again...

4. Re: Need recovery files for my Satellite C70D-A-114
    Master
    It's just bad practice from Toshiba that they don't ship a recovery disc... so now i can throw it in the bin just because i refuse to pay for something that should be available for free
    You got the Windows system in connection with this notebook… as far as I know most of computer manufacturers follow this rule and allow the notebook users to create own medium.
    This was described in every user manual as well as mentioned on different product sheets…

Please don’t be mad at me but throwing a notebook in the bin just because you did not create a recovery disk in the past is a simple nonsense.

Anyway, you have an option to order the recovery medium from Arvato page as mentioned by Ivan…