Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C70D-B-30D: How to access back panel after ~16 screws removed

1. Satellite C70D-B-30D: How to access back panel after ~16 screws removed
    Would be grateful for any advice to remove the back panel.

I've removed battery, ~16 screws + 1 tiny screw at the optical drive and whilst it does 'unclick' everywhere else, there seems to be something stopping the panel being removed just above the battery compartment and don't want to force it.

Even our IT guys at work cannot work it out.

PLEASE HELP.....my new laptop is very slow so have purchased RAM but can't access the back.

2. Re: Satellite C70D-B-30D: How to access back panel after ~16 screws removed
    Master
    At first I must say that you should not remove bottom cover alone because it will cancel valid warranty. If there is no RAM cover, RAM should be exchanged or upgraded by authorized personal only.

I know every of us think it is easy to do and want to do this alone.
    What I know is follow:
    2 screws in the middle are fixing the keyboard. What must be removed are 14 screws and small flat screw at the optical drive. That’s all. There is no other hidden screw.

Of course there are also small plastic holders and bottom cover must be removed very gently.

3. Re: Satellite C70D-B-30D: How to access back panel after ~16 screws removed
    @GeoB

Sorry for this lat answer, but I have just unmounted my old C70D-B today. To solve your pb. which I also had, use a small flat screwdriver to lift up (gently) the area (the battery compartment) which is stopping the back panel from being removed.

That's all folks.