Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B-102 screen does not auto-rotate

1. Satellite Click Mini L9W-B-102 screen does not auto-rotate
    Hi, I purchased a Satellite Click Mini L9W-B-102 yesterday with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. The screen doesn't auto rotate when in tablet mode.

I can see the 'Settings' screen rotation option padlock appear and disappear when I connect and disconnect the tablet to the keyboard, but the screen doesn't rotate in any apps/photos. I've tried powering the device on and off several times. I checked the 'AutoRotation' value in the REGEDIT and it is set to 1.

Any ideas much appreciated!

2. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B-102 screen does not auto-rotate
    I can see the 'Settings' screen rotation option padlock appear and disappear when I connect and disconnect the tablet to the keyboard, but the screen doesn't rotate in any apps/photos.
    The automatic orientation works only in tablet mode…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	click_mini_rotation.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	105

When you use the tablet in “laptop mode” (attached keyboard) the automatic orientation is locked!

By the way: did you test this automatic orientation without starting any apps?

3. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B-102 screen does not auto-rotate
    As I said in my post, the rotation does not happen whilst in tablet mode.

Rotation doesn't occur at any point (in apps or not) unless I set it manually via the display options.

If nobody else is having a similar problem I guess I'll have to put it down to a hardware fault and get a replacement from the vendor.

4. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B-102 screen does not auto-rotate
    If nobody else is having a similar problem I guess I'll have to put it down to a hardware fault and get a replacement from the vendor.
    Before speaking about hardware issue, you should recover the notebook back to factory settings and after that you should check this rotation feature…
    The recovery process should be always done before sending the notebook to service because the warranty does not cover any software issues and in case of software problem you will need to pay for the service… you know…

5. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B-102 screen does not auto-rotate
    I'm not sure if resetting will do anything as it is already brand new. It may be worth a try, though...

6. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B-102 screen does not auto-rotate
    Enthusiast
    I am fairly sure my click mini rotates the screen in tablet mode. I will have to give it a go to check, I'll update later.

7. Re: Satellite Click Mini L9W-B-102 screen does not auto-rotate
    I have had the same problem. Purchased my click mini yesterday and upgraded to windows 10 and bios 5.0. All was fine and then auto rotate suddenly stopped working. I could manually rotate if I applied the screen lock but as soon as I turned the lock off it switches to portrait. Docking with keyboard doesn't rotate it back to landscape. I have to set it manually. Then as soon as I detach it it switches to portrait and stays fixed no matter what the orientation of the screen is.

I've check all the settings and they were fine. Recycled the power to no avail. Finally went into recovery and into the uefi utility to see if there was any bios setting. There isn't but now auto rotate is working again.

I think this maybe an o/s bug. When you power off windows 8 or later the kernel is hibernate to speed up start up (warm boot). I think a setting or driver is getting stuck and preserved across the reboot. Going into the uefi bios forces a cold boot and clears it.