Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L50-B-2C8 - new SSD is not recognized in BIOS settings

1. Satellite L50-B-2C8 - new SSD is not recognized in BIOS settings
    Hello,

I just bought a new notebook Toshiba Satellite L50-B-2C8 and I also bought Samsung SSD 850 evo 250GB.
    When I try to install the SSD drive instead my HDD the BIOS show "none" in Category SSD/HDD (BIOS not recognize the SSD).

Please help me.
    My bios version is : 2.00v
    *** someone told me that I need to downgrade my BIOS version to 1.2v, and then the BIOS recognize the SSD drive, so maybe someone here can send me a download link to the 1.2 version of my model L50-B-2C8 .
    Thanks

2. Re: Satellite L50-B-2C8 - new SSD is not recognized in BIOS settings
    *** someone told me that I need to downgrade my BIOS version to 1.2v
    And who? I mean are you sure that this person was right?
    From my point of few there is no reason why early BIOS version should recognize the SSD drive and the newest BIOS version doesn’t…

But BIOS v1.2 for Satellite L50-B-2C8 PSKTQE series does not exists… the v2.0 (at this time) is the latest version and older BIOS versions are not available for this series.

Furthermore I guess you will need slimply check different SSD drive… it could be possible that other SSD drive would be recongized properly.

By the way: I’m owner of Evo 850 SSD drive and as far as I can remember I had to update the SSD drive firmware to use it properly in connection with my other notebook (not Toshiba unit)

3. Re: Satellite L50-B-2C8 - new SSD is not recognized in BIOS settings
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
    And who? I mean are you sure that this person was right?
    From my point of few there is no reason why early BIOS version should recognize the SSD drive and the newest BIOS version doesn’t…

But BIOS v1.2 for Satellite L50-B-2C8 PSKTQE series does not exists… the v2.0 (at this time) is the latest version and older BIOS versions are not available for this series.

Furthermore I guess you will need slimply check different SSD drive… it could be possible that other SSD drive would be recongized properly.

By the way: I’m owner of Evo 850 SSD drive and as far as I can remember I had to update the SSD drive firmware to use it properly in connection with my other notebook (not Toshiba unit)

problem solved tnx

4. Re: Satellite L50-B-2C8 - new SSD is not recognized in BIOS settings
    Master
    Can you please tell us how you have solved your problem?

5. Re: Satellite L50-B-2C8 - new SSD is not recognized in BIOS settings
    Hello,
    i have exactly the same problem.
    Where could i find the right BIOS Version 1.20 ?

Please help.

Thanks
    Oti