Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L50-B - wifi indicator doesnt turn off and doesnt work Uppercase B

1. Satellite L50-B - wifi indicator doesnt turn off and doesnt work Uppercase B
    Hello all! I am new here and I need your help so much. Earlier I had some problems with non working polish signs like ć, ź, ż, but that was BIOS problem and has be solved with the upgrade to 2.0 version. So now - like in the title - other issues are there.
    1. I can change modes between wifi and flight one, but its indicator is still shine (in the flight mode too) and never gonna turn off.
    2. I cant make upercase of "B" letter - shift works properly. I can write other letters uppercase.
    3. Combination ctrl+alt+del doesnt work (Win8.1)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings,
    Damien

2. Re: Satellite L50-B - wifi indicator doesnt turn off and doesnt work Uppercase B
    Master
    Hello Damien

Really strange issues.
    Do you use original preinstalled OS that you got with your machine?

I mean all listed issues are really strange and I would like to know if they exist for long period of time or have you noticed all of them few days ago. Especially issue with WLAN is a bit confusing.

3. Re: Satellite L50-B - wifi indicator doesnt turn off and doesnt work Uppercase B
    Thats new, I bought it few days ago and I have these issues from begin. It has OS. I could reinstall the system but the windows 8 was already installed there and I dont want to lose it, cause I dont have it on the CD. I read somewhere that to fix the issue with wlan indicator i must do few things like plug off the AC and battery. Then hold start button for 30sec and plug them again. Is it true? (problem of the same problem from other toshibas model)

4. Re: Satellite L50-B - wifi indicator doesnt turn off and doesnt work Uppercase B
    Master
    Yes, you don't have it on CD because since many years installations disc is not a part of the box.
    Please read user’s manuals. There you will find info that you must/should create original recovery image backup and create this disc – recovery media.

For this you must use preinstalled Toshiba recovery media creator tool. You can create recovery DVD or USB stick. After doing this you will have bootable media that you can use for original OS version installation. Please create this media it is very important.

Back to your problem. After recovery media creation you can try to reinstall OS using so called HDD recovery installation.

How to do this you can read either in user’s manuals document or http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD1303440001R02.htm

Reinstall Win8 and check if the problems are solved.
    If you ahve more questions feel free to ask.