Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C70-B - Touchpad doesn't work

1. Satellite C70-B - Touchpad doesn't work
    A couple of months ago I bought the Toshiba Satellite C70-B-212. However, since some weeks the Touchpad doesn't work anymore. I allready re-installed the driver, but that didn't help.

What can be the problem?

2. Re: Satellite C70-B - Touchpad doesn't work
    Hello

On this virtual way it is not easy to say for sure what the problem is but I cannot imagine that touchpad is defective after short period of time. Although, everything is possible.

Please check in device manager if touchpad is properly installed and listed there.
    If there is everything OK, be sure touchpad is enabled properly. Check please FN+F5 key combination.

3. Re: Satellite C70-B - Touchpad doesn't work
    Thanks for your reply.
    No the touchpad isn't listed in the device manager. I can only find my USB mouse.

How can I properly install the touchpad again?

4. Re: Satellite C70-B - Touchpad doesn't work
    Master
    Please go to the BIOS settings and check if the pointing device is enabled.
    You could also load the default settings within the BIOS. This should enable the pointing device (touchpad) too.

5. Re: Satellite C70-B - Touchpad doesn't work
    I managed to go to the BIOS setup using the F2 key, however how can I go to the BIOS settings?

6. Re: Satellite C70-B - Touchpad doesn't work
    Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nielswis View Post
    I managed to go to the BIOS setup using the F2 key, however how can I go to the BIOS settings?
    Sorry but I don't understand you.
    If you have successfully entered BIOS settings use arrow keys to move through all BIOS options.
    On some new machines you can even use touchpad and mouse pointer.

7. Re: Satellite C70-B - Touchpad doesn't work
    Hmm if I use F2 I open the Toshiba Setup Utility. Is that the same as the BIOS settings? I can't find anything about the Touchpad.

8. Re: Satellite C70-B - Touchpad doesn't work
    Master
    The notebook must be shut down mode.
    This means that it must be powered off.
    Then press power button and immediately after that, press F2 button.
    Now you will access the BIOS (BIOS setup = BIOS)

But on some units the BIOS page shows a little bit different.
    http://i.imgur.com/tXyzhTp.jpg

In such case this BIOS does not contain the pointing (touchpad) device option.

I think if the touchpad isn’t listed in device manager and if its not working even if it enabled, then a hardware malfunction must be the reason for this issue…

You could try to recover the notebook back to factory settings just to provide more certainty about this issue but I guess even after the recovery, the touchpad will not work…

9. Re: Satellite C70-B - Touchpad doesn't work
    Thanks. My BIOS page is the same as on the image, so it doesn't contain the touchpad option. I think I will try to recover the factory settings. I hope it works...