Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Cannot connect my Tecra M2 to the Internet

1. Cannot connect my Tecra M2 to the Internet
    Hi,

My son has recently replaced the "Virgin Media Super Hub" with an "Apple Airport Extreme 802.11ac router", and using the Virgin Media Super Hub purely as a Modem.

Subsequently my Toshiba Tecra M2 Laptop with Toshiba G86C0000X510 802.11bg wireless card will not connect to apple airport extreme 802.11ac router, although my Satellite L755 connects with no problem.
    I have tried several wireless cards, being:- G86C0000C810, G86C0000X310 and the installed G86C0000X510, although without success, and the same message displayed being:- "Windows was unable to connect to network", and when troubleshooting, Problem found being:- "Problem with wireless adaptor or access point"

Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
    Thank you and regards,
    John P.

2. Re: Cannot connect my Tecra M2 to the Internet
    Master
    Hi

I cannot say for sure why your Tecra cannot connect to the new router but try please to check WLAN card properties and be sure that under option “Wireless mode” all modes are enabled.
    And also be sure that identical modes (a/b/g/n) are also enabled on new router.

Start please with this and send please some feedback about that.

3. Re: Cannot connect my Tecra M2 to the Internet
    Hi Mike,
    Unable to check which modes are enabled on the new router........................son away for weekend !!!!!!!!!!.
    Connected Laptop to new router with Ethernet cable but with no success, laptop displaying same message as previously.
    Should the Laptop connect to router with Ethernet cable even if modes b/g are not enabled on router?
    Regards,
    John P.

4. Re: Cannot connect my Tecra M2 to the Internet
    Master
    Should the Laptop connect to router with Ethernet cable even if modes b/g are not enabled on router?
    If you connect the notebook to the router using LAN cable, the WLan card settings or Wlan standards are not important because in such case the LAN card will be used in order to establish a connection.

5. Re: Cannot connect my Tecra M2 to the Internet
    Hi Paulo,
    I you saying that I need a new LAN card for my Laptop or what?
    If so, could you suggest / recommend a particular LAN card !!!!!!!!.
    Thank you and regards,
    John P.

6. Re: Cannot connect my Tecra M2 to the Internet
    Master
    you saying that I need a new LAN card for my Laptop or what?
    No, I said that its no matter what standard or settings are supported by current WLan card.
    If you use and connect LAN cable to the notebook, then the LAN card is used to establish the internet connection.

could you suggest / recommend a particular LAN card
    In most cases the LAN card is part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded / replaced…
    But even if the router has been changed, it should not be necessary to replace the LAN card!

The router should be configured properly.
    For example: ensure that the LAN card MAC address isn’t locked. (could be possible if MAC address filtering was enabled).

Also check LAN card properties and settings - the TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6 should be enabled (in case the router uses the TCP/IPv6 protocol).
    All the instructions how to do that can be found in internet.

7. Re: Cannot connect my Tecra M2 to the Internet
    Hi Paolo,

Here is the latest update

To eliminate / identify any problems with the motherboard etc., took the laptop to a neighbours to see if it would connect to their network !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Connected to network wirelessly without a problem, so whilst there, updated drivers on Laptop.
    Returned home, attempted to connect to network............without success, and the same message displayed as previously.

Problem appears to be with "Apple Airport extreme 802.11ac router" setup.

Thank you for your assistance, and regards,
    John P.

8. Re: Cannot connect my Tecra M2 to the Internet
    Master
    Thanks for the feedback John… as I had suspected; the router configuration has to be checked…

9. Re: Cannot connect my Tecra M2 to the Internet
    I am unable to connect internet to any network.
    hello, I cannot access any wireless network in the area while the others computer can.
    I have a Toshiba Satellite A110-260 with Windows XP Home Edition with Atheros AR5006EG Wireless Network Adapter.
    How to resolve this problem?

10. Re: Cannot connect my Tecra M2 to the Internet
    Beginner
    Have facing same issue thank you for this discussion..