Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Synaptics touchpad settings on Satellite L50-B

1. Synaptics touchpad settings on Satellite L50-B
    Hello,

I'm havin some issues with my synaptics touchpad. FIrst of all i think that overall precision is not very good.
    Most of the time getting to a specific point is not easy and i need to make adjustments that are not needed.
    One thing that MIGHT cause imprecision is the fact that the 2 click buttons are part of the touchpad and when u use them u might move the pointer a bit. Is there a way to exclude the buttons from the touchpad sliding and draggin etc.?

A weird aspect is that i got pointer speed (hope its the proper translation) at high value and it actually moves fast but when im dragging or moving objects in games or in graphics programs it gets slow...any idea on how to fix this?

Previously i had an old Tecra from 2010 but even though the touchpad was small i had no problems at all with precision and accuracy. Maybe fancy settings make things worse :P

2. Re: Touchpad settings on Satellite L50-B
    Master
    What to say about all this. For well working touchpad is important to have installed right driver. After driver installation hardware will be recognized properly.
    Functionality is controlled with different options. There are standard Windows options and also additional options offered as small application designed by touchpad driver manufacturer.

All offered options allow notebook user to make best own touchpad configuration. Touchpad functionality is tested, so it should be OK.
    All you can do is optimize touchpad functionality using offered options. Not more than that and as far as I know there are no some special “tricks” to change something.

How touchpad works n some third part applications like games is not east to test so check if certain game has some additional option where you can change mouse sensitivity or anything else.

By the way: do you use original preinstalled OS that you got with your machine?

3. Re: Touchpad settings on Satellite L50-B
    Thanks for your reply. Yes i didn't change anything in the original OS or drivers.
    I was thinking on tryin to uninstall the synaptics drivers and leave the basic windows drivers for the mouse/touchpad. What do u think about it? And what is the proper procedure to do that without risking anything? iv never done anything like that

4. Re: Touchpad settings on Satellite L50-B
    Anyone can answer me about the uninstall/install matter? If i uninstall the synaptics, windows basic drivers will allow me to use the touchpad still? And the proper procedure pls thank you

5. Re: Touchpad settings on Satellite L50-B
    Ok nevermind guys, i just found an older thread about that! :P

6. Re: Touchpad settings on Satellite L50-B
    Emm here i am again...
    Im tryin to install the Elan driver instead of the synaptics (which i have uninstalled) but it doesnt work. I run the driver file but in the end nothin happens...anyone can help me please?

7. Re: Touchpad settings on Satellite L50-B
    Anyone??

8. Re: Touchpad settings on Satellite L50-B
    If i uninstall the synaptics, windows basic drivers will allow me to use the touchpad still?
    Yes, you will be still able to use the touchpad but some additional touchpad features would not be available

I’m tryin to install the Elan driver instead of the synaptics (which i have uninstalled) but it doesnt work.
    You cannot install ELAN driver if your notebook has been equipped with the Synaptics touchpad…

For example:if the notebook supports ATI graphic card, you have to use ATI driver and not nVidia driver

9. Re: Touchpad settings on Satellite L50-B
    Ok roger that. Thank you