Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra R840-109 - HDD Alert - Unable to get disk information

1. Tecra R840-109 - HDD Alert - Unable to get disk information
    I turned on my Toshiba Tecra R840-109 and everything looks like the factory settings have been restored, but I still have my files on the Hard Disk Drive in the Users folder (where the system also has built a temporary user which I am logged onto now, I suppose).

At opening, the computer asked me to do things you do when you get a new computer (e.g. agree to the user licence, install browsers, enroll fingerprints if relevant etc). Also, it showed an error, the HDD/SDD Alert saying ''Unable to get disk information, can not use the alert feature.''

Is there a way to fix this, i.e. to apply the previous (original) user?

One obvious solution would probably be to restore the system, but I do not have a back-up set up (which I will fix as soon as this issue will be resolved). Tried restarting, nothing changed.

Information about the laptop: http://www.toshiba.co.il/en/disconti...ecra-r840-109/

Any help appreciated!

2. Re: Tecra R840-109 - HDD Alert - Unable to get disk information
    Master
    Hi

To be honest described situation sounds pretty confused and not logic for me.
    If you don't have recovery media (DVD or USB) create it using preinstalled Toshiba recovery media creator tool.
    After doing this use this bootable media and reinstall recovery image so you will have “factory settings” again. After clean OS installation it is not possible to have old data saved on the HDD, especially not on partition C.
    Fact is that before recovery installation starts whole HDD will be deleted and formatted.

Sorry if I have misunderstood you. If you have some concrete and clear question feel free to ask.