Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Two issues with my Satellite L50D-B-17K

1. Two issues with my Satellite L50D-B-17K
    Hi all,

I have two problems with my new laptop (L50D-B-17K). I have installed Windows 7 64bits:

1- USB 3.0 (right side) ports does not work after install USB Driver available in Toshiba Support website.
    In Device Manager appears an unkown device: "Other Devices - Universal Serial Bus controller"

Where is the driver valid for USB 2.0 ports??

------ USB 2.0 (left side) runs successfully --------

2- I can not adjust display brightness using fn + F2/F3.

When i press fn + [f2-f3] adjusting icon appears at top of display but the brightness does not change (no more no less), always the same brightness.

Also i installed display and keyboard drivers available at Toshiba support website.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Jesús.

2. Re: Two issues with my Satellite L50D-B-17K
    Master
    Hi

The USB 3.0 driver from AMD is neccesary and required to get the USB 3.0 ports working.
    The driver can be found on the Toshiba EU driver page (i guess you installed this driver):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USBdriver.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	70

To get USB 2.0 ports working, you have to install the AMD chipset driver (...its part of the display driver package)

Regarding the brightness function key:
    You have to install the VAP (value added package) in order to use the FN keys.
    Of course the display driver must be installed too (as suggested above)