Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite C660 - black screen

1. Satellite C660 - black screen
    Beginner
    Hi guys,

I had this morning a problem with my toshibate c660, my screen was black and not reacting when turning on the computer.
    However my computer still turned on and you could see the led light lighting on and hearing the computer starting.

Now I fixed the black screen by a tutorial, the tutorial goes like this:

'First turn your computer off by pressing and holding down the start button. Next unplug the computer and then remove the battery. Press and hold down the start button for about 60 seconds.
    Release the button and plug in the computer. Press the start button and the display should return. Replace the battery. If this does not work, try it again up to four times. No results usually indicates a bad mother board. Hope this helps.'

I did it 4 times because the first 3 times it didnt work, and too my surprise the 4th time worked.

Q: Can someone explain why this works?
    I hold the start button when their was no battery in the computer and it wasnt plugged in. I just cant understand this works when the computer isnt under power.

Gr

Someone with insight care to explain?
    I almost think voodoo is real :))

2. Re: Satellite C660 - black screen
    It’s not easy to say why the issue appeared.

But as far as I know such “black screen” problems can be related to memory issues as well as to power failure.

Anyway, it’s very important that the workaround described in your posting worked properly.

The same power issue happened to me some month ago… and the same workaround was helpful to get the notebook working again….