Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite C50-B-14Z keep asking for password on bios startup

1. Satellite C50-B-14Z keep asking for password on bios startup
    Beginner
    Hi guys,

My Satellite C50-B-14Z without any reason started to ask for pssword when booting on bios.
    I have not set any passwords and I don't know how to reset it. So the laptop is unusable now. Could anyone help me please?

2. Re: Satellite C50-B-14Z keep asking for password on bios startup
    I donít know why the notebook asks you to input the BIOS password but fact is that BIOS password can be removed ONLY by an authorized service provider.
    Iím afraid you will need to contact the Toshiba ASP in your country in order to remove the BIOS password.

3. Re: Satellite C50-B-14Z keep asking for password on bios startup
    Hi,

I have this problem as well. It's actually the laptop of a friend of mine although I've always bought Toshiba laptops myself in the past. She asked me to help because her laptop stopped working and when I booted it up I found that it asked for a BIOS password on boot. It's also a C50-B-14Z.

I tried opening it up to change the CMOS battery but I can't find it. That took me by surprise. Unfortunately my friend is going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment and she's not likely to pay to get the laptop mended. So instead it would just end up a door-stopper. I don't know when she bought the laptop so don't know if it's still under warranty.

I hate the idea of unnecessary waste considering the amount of energy and rare-earth minerals required to make a laptop and the problem of e-waste in the world, so I would prefer to get it mended it myself rather than throw it away.

The questions I have are:

- I am living in the UK. What are the contact details for the Toshiba authorized service provider?

- I would also like to know where the CMOS battery is located because I know that these need replacing after a few years and don't want to send her laptop off just for that.

- As it's obviously a budget laptop it probably is not worth paying to get it mended, how do you go about changing the BIOS password yourself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Karla Parussel

4. Re: Satellite C50-B-14Z keep asking for password on bios startup
    OK I've just read elsewhere on this forum that Toshiba does not give out instructions on how to reset the BIOS password. Fair enough.

It would still be useful to know where the CMOS battery is.

Also I'm trying to find the contact details for the Authorised Service Provider and the website is proving rather unhelpful. I live in Edinburgh.

Thanks.

Karla Parussel

5. Re: Satellite C50-B-14Z keep asking for password on bios startup
    Master
    I am living in the UK. What are the contact details for the Toshiba authorized service provider?
    The global ASP locator page provides all information about ASP available in each country:
    http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/generic/ASP_SUPPORT/

Contact details for UK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASP-UK.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	195