Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Portege Z30: Fingerprint software not working, connection with sensor fails

1. Portege Z30: Fingerprint software not working, connection with sensor fails
    Beginner
    Hello to you all,

I have a superb enigm for you guys. If you are curious, here it is....

I just bougt a portege Toshiba Portege Z30t-A-126 PT24CE -01400HFR
    Nice machine but SSD is too small so I changed the original 256 SSD to put a 512.

Reinstalled Win7 completely without any pb.

Just one pb actually : the fingerprint sofware is not working.
    When I Iaunch it, it fails and says "impossible to connect with the sensor".

In french " reconnaissance d'empreinte
    impossible de connecter le capteur"

But when I check the computor's peripheral manager it says that everything is up and running, the Validity Sensors (WBF) (PID=0010) works fine and the latest driver is installed.
    (I downloaded the driver form the toshiba support website. The driver's name is fp-sw-20140115084521.zip)

So ?? What's going wrong ??

I spent hours to look on the web and tried everything I could. Reinstalled one thousand time the drivers, the software, tried other drivers... But there is no way I can fix this.
    That is really annoying...

Can somebody help me please ? Do you have a genius Idea ? I'm stuck...

Thanx in advance. :-)

2. Re: Portege Z30: Fingerprint software not working, connection with sensor fails
    Hi

This fingerprint issue has been already described in another thread.
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=81261

You should be able to solve the issue installing the chipset driver.
    Another user said, that an installation of Proset Ethernet drivers/software was necessary to get the issue solved. But to be honest I don’t think that missing Proset Utility would cause the issue…

However, check it out.

Feedback would be appreciated

3. Re: Portege Z30: Fingerprint software not working, connection with sensor fails
    Beginner
    Thanx tom.
    I’ll try this out and let you know