Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L50D-B013 wont play sound

1. Satellite L50D-B013 wont play sound
    Beginner
    I bought my Toshiba Satellite L50D-B013 almost 2 weeks ago, playing fine, all of a sudden yesterday, anything i play, the sound will not work. The videos play, just without sound. I haven't changed any settings, I don't have any external chips etc. I ran a virus check to see if that was the cause but didn't come up with anything. I have noticed it will however play through earphones!

Can anyone help me out please? Or do i need to take back in?

Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Satellite L50D-B013 wont play sound
    Scholar
    Click please with right mouse button on sound symbol and choose option “playback devices”.
    There you will see listed device “Speakers”. Please be sure it is set as default device and also properly enabled.

3. Re: Satellite L50D-B013 wont play sound
    Beginner
    Done. Its already set on default & enabled..

4. Re: Satellite L50D-B013 wont play sound
    Scholar
    Can you see there sound bar that goes up and down when the sound is playing?
    Are you 100% sure that speakers are not set to mute?

5. Re: Satellite L50D-B013 wont play sound
    Beginner
    the sound bar does go up and down. 100 percent not on mute!

6. Re: Satellite L50D-B013 wont play sound
    Beginner
    And every now and then when i restart the sound will work for maybe 10 seconds then cuts out.

7. Re: Satellite L50D-B013 wont play sound
    Beginner
    Hi there,

I have a similar problem with my satellite L855. It's a couple of years old and has been running fine, until today when I unplugged the HDMI cable I was using with my laptop. I lost all sound coming through my speakers and HDMI cable, and can only get sound through my headphones. I've tripled checked that all settings are correct, that my speakers are enabled, volume etc. I installed new drivers, rebooted multiple times, both with and without HDMI cable connected, and I've just completed a system restore, all to no avail.

If anyone has any thoughts, or Leemac if you solve you issue I'd be so grateful, as this is driving me nuts now!

Thanks!

8. Re: Satellite L50D-B013 wont play sound
    Master
    *@orlacf*

First of all you should check if the speakers are set as default device.
    How? Go to control panel -> sound -> playback device and select the speakers as default device.

Furthermore I guess that the Realtek HD audio manager is available in control panel.
    Go to Start –> Control Panel –> Hardware and Sound –> Realtek HD Audio Manager

Now click on the yellow folder appearing in the right upper corner and ensure that option “disable front panel detection” isn’t checked. The 2nd option “enable auto pop dialog…” should be checked and enabled.

Furthermore click on “Device Advanced Settings” and ensure that that option “Mute the output device” isn’t checked.