Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege Z30 - need to extend display to two external screens

1. Portege Z30 - need to extend display to two external screens
    Beginner
    Dear all

I am running Bloomberg and need the picture to extend on to two 24" full HD LCD screens. Including the integrated screen of my current laptop, I use three panels at once. Can I do that with the Z30 1 CZ? Will I have to buy a docking station for that?

At the moment I am using an ultrabook from a different manufacturer but I am not satisfied for reasons that have nothing to do with the display. Currently I use a docking station where one screen connects by DVI and the other by VGA cable.

With the Z30, can I just use the VGA and the HDMI ports of the laptop to get the same solution?
    Best wishes,
    Peter

2. Re: Portege Z30 - need to extend display to two external screens
    From my knowledge the display out “feature” depends on the graphic card/chip.

Usually you can use either the VGA or HDMI output.
    VGA (RGB) port provides analogue signal, HDMI provides digital signal and as far as I know you cannot use both at the same time…

However, you could purchase an "usb hdmi adapter” adapter which would allow you to use two external monitors simultaneously.